[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If our emotions and wellbeing is all chemicals and shit why isnt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1435647742506.jpg (260KB, 900x948px) Image search: [Google]
1435647742506.jpg
260KB, 900x948px
If our emotions and wellbeing is all chemicals and shit why isnt there a cure for depression?

If any /sci/ know the secret, what should I take and avoid to get a happy chemical balance?
>>
>>8201032

Because we do not understand the human brain well enough.
>>
>>8201032
>Implying /sci/ence is perfect.
That is your fallacy today, faggOP.
>>
File: Imp001.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Imp001.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Try anti-depressants. You constantly hear sob stories about people who are depressed and how anti-depressants never work but personally, they worked fantastic for me and I recommend anyone to give them a shot. I took Zoloft and it made me the happiest I've ever been in my life while I took it and for a few months after I stopped taking it but like the first anon said, we don't understand the brain well enough and medicine is no where near perfect so you may have to try a few different approaches. Good luck.
>>
File: 1428264797812.jpg (11KB, 328x277px) Image search: [Google]
1428264797812.jpg
11KB, 328x277px
I know you are an autist, but most normal humans long for purpose, meaning, fulfillment, and spiritual fulfillment.

Also

>it's all just chemicals, fuckin science rocks xD
>>
They're very complicated chemicals.
>>
>what are drugs
>>
Try microdosing lsd. Rather than stimulating release of serotonin, and leading to that whole cluster of problems, it simulates the action of serotonin.
A few small, clandestine studies have popped up on it, and most users speak highly of it.
>>
File: Enlightment of Dark Athiesm.jpg (23KB, 477x477px) Image search: [Google]
Enlightment of Dark Athiesm.jpg
23KB, 477x477px
>>8201032

for starters, avoid believing in fairys and g-d
>>
Antidepressants worked for me
>>
>>8202043

also black pigeon pls go
>>
>>8201032
cure for depression is simple, there is no such as thing as chronic and eternal sadness for sadness is not more than a myth. Sadness is an illusion.
>>
>>8201120

This. In the transhumanism thread, they're discussing trying to make the human brain more intelligent. Lol.

We don't know enough about the brain to cure depression, and they think that we can improve on something as abstract as intelligence. What a joke
>>
>>8201681

Anti-depressants work, but I think how they're used is wrong.

They're not a cure, they're not meant to be used forever.

Depression is a kind of thought-looping pattern, one you can't break out of. You feel worthless so you stay in bed all day, which makes you feel worthless, so you stay in bed all day, which ...

The anti-depressant breaks that thinking loop. Then you can get out of bed, and do things that salvage your worth and change your perspective. You feel better, have productive habits, then come off the meds and maintain the habits that help prevent you from being depressed

Note; those habits are generally productivity based, as well as socially based. You need to feel both useful and wanted to not feel depressed.
>>
>>8202076
That's what happens when you let general practitioners treat mental disorders. That's like hiring a mechanic to fix your toilet.

And don't get me started on psychiatrists.

As much as /sci/ hates on psychologists, you literally want a clinical psychologist to handle your mental health. They spend their entire academic career learning about behavior and how to affect changes. Clinicians also aren't just holders of bachelors, so a lot of the stupidity is eliminated at that level (unfortunately not all, but quite a bit). They understand environmental factors and can teach someone tactics for dealing with them. Often, they are against medicating outside of critical situations, and even more often they are highly against long term medicating.

For the love of god, any of you reading this, if you are dealing with mental health problems DO NOT LET YOUR GP TREAT YOU.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.