[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever have a perfect performance - enhancing drug? Something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: D-Amphetamine-3D-balls.png (30KB, 220x203px) Image search: [Google]
D-Amphetamine-3D-balls.png
30KB, 220x203px
Will we ever have a perfect performance - enhancing drug? Something like adderall, but that doesn't make you risk screwing your brain over? Or in general without negative side effects?
I'm thinking something that labs would start distributing to their scientists, or that could be sold outside classes to prepare for lectures.
Is this a possible utopia or will there always be drawbacks of some kind?
>>
>>8196159
we have it, its called modafinil, the stuff is magic, pretty much the only reason i got a first in my bachelors
>>
>>8196207
when you come off of it, you are worse than before
>>
>>8196207
read more about it online, its a placebo at best.
>>
>>8196493
this, or just drink a strong cup of coffee.

Literally the same thing.
>>
>>8196159
evolution or artificial selection
every change has side effects, so the only hope is making some sort of function to maximize and then applying it, and while natural selection would not miss something important (e.g. x change makes you run 5x faster but you are blind by age 40), artificial selection would be much faster
>>
wat
>>
>>8196159
Life is dualistic, you cannot gain without losing, you cannot change without gain and loss.

All you can do is ameliorate, or block, secondary effects of your primary compound on its target system. Also design compounds that don't have detrimental active metabolites, and avoid free radical generation, depletion of whatever you need, etc. You want to precision and to eliminate the majority of unwanted ripple effects. No matter what however, no, you likely will not ever be able to be and do whatever you want at any given instant.

You will still always be a slave to moods and mindsets, as well as the mechanical aspects of what it is to switch states, how it can happen, and how quickly. I tried to do a lot of low level self engineering to develop systems to afford this kind of functionality. Some were useful, most were crippling. I fucked myself pretty badly trying to manage in what was already a bad situation, and eventually had to decide to put the cover back on the black box of the mind. Chances are, once you've seen a small sliver inside, that's how it should stay. Your brain, and subconscious, is a much better engineer than you will ever manage to be. You can augment this with whatever compound, with whatever starting state, for whatever task, at whatever time. All of the whatevers you'll figure out for yourself.
>>
Microdose psychedelics
>>
>>8196159
The closest I have got to adderall is coffee + phenylpiracetam
>>
>>8196731
I need more studies on this to believe it. And a general linked search isn't cutting it. Post top tier studies.
>>
>>8196159
noopept
>>
I think there are many drugs who are cool if you don't abuse them. Some I think may meet you description (haven't tried most): nicotine, coffee, DMAE, ginkgo biloba, L-tyrosine (?), some psychadelics. I will probably order some DMAE soon though
>>
>>8196842
Just realized you meant "perfect". If you mean strong these may not be so much
>>
>>8196822
There are no studies and I think you know that. How about trying it for yourself?
Why would you decide to miss out on the benefits just because there's no studies? Are you afraid of something?
>>
5mg crushed selegeline with meal + 500mg Phenylethylamine = Adderal
>>
>>8196847
yes. he's afraid of fucking up his brain and becoming a fucking junkie.
>>
>>8197564
Which is a legitimate risk with amphetamines
>>
>>8197871
And not a legitimate risk with microdosed psychedelics. What an absurd thought.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.