[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know if I am being hypochondriac or not, but I feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: brain-scan.jpg (300KB, 1519x921px) Image search: [Google]
brain-scan.jpg
300KB, 1519x921px
I don't know if I am being hypochondriac or not, but I feel a gnawing fear of having a brain tumor or a neurological disorder.

Problem is healthcare is realy expensive in my country, so I really can't just get a PET to put my doubts to rest.

Wat do?
>>
>>8190764
>PET
You're afraid of having a cancerous mass form in your body, despite (presumably) being asymptomatic, so to put your fears to rest you decide to have material that emits gamma radiation put into your body.

Anyway, hopefully no doctor would play along with that. PET is mainly for people who are known to have cancer, and is used to locate with greater precision the location of any metastasis systemically (the tumor is prone to sucking up the compound decaying and emitting gamma rays, whether it has a good active blood supply or not). You could just go get a regular MRI. Most machines these days are ~3T, which would certainly show any masses.

Also, stop using a cell phone or wireless devices of any kind if you're that worried. inb4 tons of people come in to tell me how it really is, and how solid risk assessment works.
>>
OP. Listen. People 'feel' things for a reason. People 'suspect' they have something wrong with them and 5 times out of ten they are right. It is intuitive, but it saves lives.

Unless you have other obvious mental health issues - go with your intuition - it may save your life.
>>
>>8190887
I agree with this poster, but caution against believing your preconceived notions are necessarily correct. You might very well have some awry with you, but it and its nature could be something you'd have never guessed. Don't anchor on something and drive yourself into anxiety and madness.
>>
That is because you DO have a brain tumor OP.

Enjoy your death sentence.
>>
>>8190764
What makes you suspect you have a brain tumor, and do you have a specific one "in mind"?
>>
>>8191887

Some vision problems, bad memory, bad equilibrium and coordination and some speech issues maybe.
>>
>>8191957
How quickly have those problems developed? Are they progressing?
Also, can I ask for your sex, age and medical history?

Additionally, has anyone in your family experienced such symptoms in the past or had any neurological or cardiovascular pathology?
>>
>>8191957
Sounds like it affects systems too broadly, and simultaneously, not enough, to likely be a tumor or series of small tumors.

Have your vertebral arteries checked. Make certain they aren't kinked where they enter your skull, or otherwise blocked.
Have your blood pressure checked.
Have your overall nutrition checked.
Don't take this the wrong way, but think about if you're stressed or otherwise anxious in a chronic sense. This will cripple you mentally, and might have a more mechanical cause than environment or your life, or whatever. Most of what you described sounds like long term stress and moderate anxiety to me, but again, anxiety mimics a lot of things. Don't take that as an attempt to trivialize or tell you it's all in your head / your fault.

With what you described, it would be a good idea to go get an MRI. Avoid accepting a CT of your head, without indication of finer vascular involvement. MRI is adequate for beginning to rule out first line anatomical issues, tumors, etc. CT is just unnecessary exposure to ionizing radiation.
>>
>>8190817

>stop using cell phones or wireless devices

got any sources?

if not, i'll just ssume you are retarded.
>>
>>8192293
I never intended to expand or elaborate at all, no. Assume whatever you want, which is what you'd do anyway.

I'll say this:
-VDCC
-Pyramidal cells
-Elevated heat shock protein expression, non thermal triggers
-Elevated ROS / NOS generation
-Altered blood brain barrier permeability
Go from there. How much you try to know, what you ultimately realize, and risk assessment is all up to you.
>>
>>8192452
memewords from the mememan
>>
>>8192473
>Your face when you got memed and don't even have a face
>>
>>8192477
in all seriousness, none of that shit really matters unless there has actually been a demonstrated difference in incidence of tumours between people exposed to radiation and those that haven't. All of the studies I've seen in this area are in cell lines or, at best, mice - though would be interested to hear of any recent developments as it's not exactly an area I follow closely.
>>
I had a neurological test (MRI scan) a few years back. I was worried about the migraines with aura I was getting. I was in college and I was getting them more and more frequently and they were leaving me unable to think/function for the rest of the day when I had them.

The neurologist I met with said that brain tumors are accompanied usually with: 1) blacking out/losing consciousness, 2) nausea/vomitting, 3) severe headaches. Since I did not have either nausea or blackout periods, and since there weren't any other impaired functions (motor skills, language/cognitive skills, etc) he said he doubted I had any brain tumors or damage.

I got the scan anyway and there wasn't anything abnormal. Also, I found out that with enough caffeine or adderall, I don't really get them at all anymore. Perhaps 3 times a year now. Good luck OP, I think you're probably ok. BTW, I'm live in the US, so the neurologist I saw wasn't some tribal medicine man or anything like that. ^_^
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.