[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys, I was recently diagnosed (1 year ago exactly) with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

Hi guys,

I was recently diagnosed (1 year ago exactly) with Ulcerative Colitis.

I've started to wonder how far we've come in terms of finding an ultimate cure (that doesn't involve a surgery) or atleast some medicine that doesn't cause cancer or cause the patient to gain an extreme amount of weight (prednisolon).

So if any of you have any links to pages that report the progress about this specific disease, it would help me a great deal :)
>>
>>8190401
Medfag here. There is a very good chance that you will die before any cure is found. This is not an area of extremely active research, compared to things like MS, Alzheimer's, CF, cancer etc etc.

They don't have you on any medication right now? Believe it or not, nicotine is effective and has been tested, mostly in Europe, with good data.
>>
>>8190401
go vegan

not trolling

passing fucktons of carcinogenic meat and trans fat through ur shit tubes not good for long term health

eat more fibre and veggies to scrape your colon clean and improve your flora
>>
>>8190404
So... I should smoke...?
>>
>>8190406
This is an ignorant idiot making things up. Very likely 'go vegan' is the answer to every question.

>>8190408
Only a couple of times have I seen a colleague tell a patient to smoke. I have never done so. I have seen others tell patients that stopping smoking isn't a good idea, but I've not done this either.

I have actually prescribed nicotine patches, since some studies showed benefit.

In case you think I'm BSing you, just one source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2014383/
>>
>>8190420
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2014383/

But what are the side-effects of nicotine? And should I do this in an early age (I am 16, born 1999) or should I maybe just deal with the weight gain and then once I turn into adulthood, I should take the nicotine patches?
>>
>>8190444
Nicotine has side effects, and you shouldn't start using it at your age. You will gain weight on a corticosteroid (prednisone etc.) but these are powerful and will help a lot. However, in most cases the prednisone can be a temporary therapy and something like sulfasalazine or mesalamine can be used when it isn't as bad.

You're 16. Don't avoid good therapy and ruin you ass at a young age, because it sucks if you do. If you think your doc doesn't know how to treat you or doesn't listen to concerns, look at getting a second opinion. Not all docs are good.
>>
>>8190452
Nonono, I think you mis-understood.

I am in my "resting period" now. And I have an excelent doctor. I was just wondering whether you could reccomend the nicotine as a sort of extra treatment.

Also, I am getting "Remicade" (don't know what they call it in english), which requires me to be at the hospital every 2 months. And considering I like to travel, and that I will be (most likely) studying and working abroad, this will cause a lot of problems.

So I was just hoping there was some sort of medicine that could atleast get me off of the remicade. Otherwise, the prospects of my life (not to sound too much of a cliche or suicidal) aren't as good as they could be :/
>>
>>8190452
>Not all doc are good.
We've noticed.
>Smoking it'll fix you right up.
I guess you're learning 19th century to earlt 20th century medicine, anon?
>>
File: 1466914831650.jpg (127KB, 500x730px) Image search: [Google]
1466914831650.jpg
127KB, 500x730px
>>8190420
it's an answer to "how can I improve my colon health?"

no need to be triggered.

diseases unless genetic don't "just happen" your body is a result of how you treat it/how you fuel it over a continuous amount of time.

it's possible to reverse chronic disease through better diet and one rich in antioxidants, fibre and low in saturated fat is a great way to do this.

for someone not knowledgeable about the subject "go vegan" makes it no brainer. just don't eat animal products which are not good for colon and overall health.
>>
>>8190461
Ramicade is a 'biologic', which means you have good insurance because it costs real money. That med is available in many parts of the world, so you can likely travel many places without difficulty. If you've got good docs then ask them. They can create a treatment regimen that should travel with you just fine.

>>8190465
I already linked to one of the studies, dumbass. Read up a little and shut up a little more while the people who have a clue are talking.

>>8190467
You can seriously harm people with the dumb advice you gave. 'Go vegan' isn't going to help someone with his condition. UC is genetically linked and occurs spontaneously, regardless of diet.
>>
>>8190476
Lol, u mad? Nice try, barber surgeon, take your 17th century 'medicine' with you. Careful OP, medspac might try and trepan you, to let out those bad humours.
>>
>>8190494
I thought 'probably a middle schooler', then saw the term trepan used correctly. So, high school? Troll can't even read a simple journal article. Later faggot.
>>
File: fell.jpg (44KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
fell.jpg
44KB, 633x758px
>mfw my family has a history of having this condition
>mfw I am 21 and might get this soon
>>
>>8190507
Killing yourself over UC? It can be bad, but hardly that. Just get checked and follow physician recommendations. It's much better controlled than it was in the past.
>>
>>8190502
I guess from your grunting imbecilic nature, you suffer from mandibular prognathism and enjoy giving toddlers epidural haematoma via striking their pterion, rupturing the underlying middle meningeal artery. You're a failed Habsburg love child.
>>
>>8190515
*haematoma -> haematomas
>>
>>8190476

https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/education/health-science/stars/stars-written/andrew-neuman/

it cured chris
>>
>>8190507
Cheer up, atleast you'll have an excuse to get fat :D
>>
>>8190406
Kil yourself

Not trolling
>>
Read about squatting to shit
The main cause of this problem is people sitting on toilets to crap. Read it up and you'll see I'm right.
>>
>>8190546

>unverifiable anecdote
>>
File: MCD-01107-3[1].jpg (367KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
MCD-01107-3[1].jpg
367KB, 1600x1600px
>>8190546
>drmcdougall
b-buy my soups pls!
>>
>>8190406
>go vegan

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/inflammatory-bowel-disease/basics/lifestyle-home-remedies/con-20034908

>If you have inflammatory bowel disease, high-fiber foods, such as fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains, may make your symptoms worse

Great advice you fucking idiot. Guess you'd recommend an ex-alcoholic to take a few beers to relax or an opiate abuser to just shoot up some more to get rid of the withdrawal symptoms. Or someone with a heart attack to go exercise until the chest pain disappears.
>>
>>8190401
That thing is gone anon :(
Your best bet is to regrow a new one...
>>
>>8190401
Actually...you can probably heal it through heat...drink tea. Luke warm water. Highten the PH to 6-7.
Dillute yourself. Lol.
>>
>>8191287
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_T93ON2cBE
>>
>>8191307
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efq8ExHBzX0
>>
>>8191305
a pH of 6 is incompatible with life. Stop making shit up.
>>
>>8191321
>empty mockery
sorry for hurting your feelings with science
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.