[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Things that drive you crazy >speed of light is in m /s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: can't wake up.jpg (22KB, 266x400px) Image search: [Google]
can't wake up.jpg
22KB, 266x400px
ITT: Things that drive you crazy
>speed of light is in m /s
>meter is defined as the 1 / speed of light in vacuum
>meter defined in terms of itself

>irrational numbers
>energy (because am pleb and don't understand it)
>>
>>8189682
retarded threads on /sci/

>The metre was originally defined in 1793 as one ten-millionth of the distance from the equator to the North Pole. In 1889, it was redefined in terms of a prototype metre bar (the actual bar used was subsequently changed twice). In 1960, the metre was redefined in terms of a certain number of wavelengths of a certain emission line of krypton-86. In 1983, the current definition was adopted.

can't wait for a retarded response to this
>>
>>8189682
>meter defined in terms of itself
Even if you were right (you are wrong), it wouldnt even matter. It is just a made up measurement unit.
>>
>>8189687
>getting changed multiple times
>expect to be taken seriously

Man made measurements, folks. Fifty years from now it will probably change again.
>>
>>8189687
>meter the basic unit of measurment
>somehow defined by distance even though there was no other unit

the second one is an approximation, and it works

third one i'm too retarded to know about
>>
>>8189709
it does matter, right?
because other shit is derived from it
kind of like mass, its defined as matter in an object
but defined matter
e.g. what is the smallest matter ever

at this point, im thinking its all just approximations, and no concrete definitions exist
>>
>>8189682

the real issue is that time and length are interchangeable

is length a derived unit of time?
or time is a derived unit of length?
>>
I see the pattern now, it's all mathematics.
I we can defined what the smallest after zero would be, we would be ok with these definitions
because then time, length, and matter would make sense
>>
>>8189682
>defined in terms of itself
What? No, it's not

In one second, light moves a certain distance of unitless magnitude. We divide that magnitude into 299,792,458 equal parts and now we have a meter.
>>
>>8189751
yes, distance can be unitless, but the meter is supposed to tell me how exact
e.g., 100 / 3 is not the same as 1 / 3
>>
>>8189719
>first lecture in physics course ever
>professor defines physics as "mathematical models approximating nature"

>first page of course book for experimental physics lecture
>"Measurements are always flawed, as all physics is an approximation. We will therefore start by learning how to handle measurement error in practice."

>/sci/ autist
>HOLY SHIT IT'S ALL JUST APPROXIMATIONS NOTHING IS DEFINITIVE MIND==BLOWN
>>
>>8189786
You are the autist here, typing in caps lock when no one is freaking out. And no I'm not OP.
>>
>>8189682
The speed of light is defined as the speed of light in vacuum. Prove me wrong.
>>
File: oppai.jpg (20KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
oppai.jpg
20KB, 375x500px
>avogadro's law says any two gases with same temp, pressure & volume means they have same number of moles
>even though in principle, heavier objects have more pressure than lighter objects
>>
>>8189717
it's an entirely arbitrary fraction a distance
>>8189715
the changes are unnoticeable on any every-day usage scale
>>8189719
wow, really makes you think! xD
>>
>>8189862
#hilleryalitellery
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.