[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a politics kind of guy, and I was wondering, what does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: stalin (2).jpg (15KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
stalin (2).jpg
15KB, 274x184px
I'm a politics kind of guy, and I was wondering, what does /sci/ wish their world leaders would pay more attention to in the scientific community? What traits would you like to find in your leader, and who are some that have modeled a good example for one who acknowledges science as a major element to a country?
>>
politicians who have no scientific background just need to have legitimately knowledgeable individuals in their science/environment committees

in canada we had a nice MP who's a well-regarded environmentalist/physicist who wrote the putnam exam when he was in school
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Hsu

china's pretty good directly putting scientific people as president, current one did chemical engineering (Xi Jinping), another did hydroelectric work (Hu Jintao), electric engineering (Jiang Zemin) etc.
>>
>>8188512
>What traits would you like to find in your leader
Agreeing with everything that I want. Same for everyone else. Problem is, most people don't know what they really want, not to mention they don't know shit about economics, politics, policies etc.

>who are some that have modeled a good example for one who acknowledges science as a major element to a country?
Lenin and the Soviet Union. Science being a core tenet of the state and rushing towards the automation and replacement of workers, rather than being something you slowly squeeze out to edge your opponents in cold war-esque races towards military superiority.
>>
File: 1460828309056.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1460828309056.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
>>8188590
>in canada we had a nice MP who's a well-regarded environmentalist/physicist who wrote the putnam exam when he
>he
Excuse me? IT'S TWENTY SIXTEEN. Get with it, you fucking sexist.

>china's pretty good directly putting scientific people as president
>implying they all didn't all cheat their whole degrees through
>>
>>8188512
>what does /sci/ wish their world leaders would pay more attention to in the scientific community?
All of it.
>What traits would you like to find in your leader,
A strong, logical, self-maintaining (and improving), fair and independent AI.
>and who are some that have modeled a good example for one who acknowledges science as a major element to a country?
>>>/his/
>>
>>8188512
i don't want world leaders. i want a direct democracy where everyone is linked into a network at all times. true mob rule.
>>
>>8188668
We'll nuke North Korea and within five days the majority will sway towards no war and surrender to have the shit bombed out of us.
>>
>>8188676
thats kind of the idea. was also hoping that 500 million other voices in your head would drive everyone crazy.
>>
File: STS-97_crew.jpg (3MB, 3171x2512px) Image search: [Google]
STS-97_crew.jpg
3MB, 3171x2512px
>>8188590
Ted Hsu was a pretty inconsequential MP who never held a cabinet post or any position of import.

Marc Garneau (guy with the fucking leaf) is my favourite MP based on background alone even though he's liberal. He ran for leadership of the liberals and lost to the drama teacher we now call prime minister.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Garneau
>>
File: angela-merkel-no-1.jpg (98KB, 1200x945px) Image search: [Google]
angela-merkel-no-1.jpg
98KB, 1200x945px
>>8188512
>de facto leader of the EU
>has a phd in a hard science

I don't think her scientific background effects her policies though.
>>
File: plato.jpg (6KB, 172x236px) Image search: [Google]
plato.jpg
6KB, 172x236px
>>8188668
>direct democracy
>>
Mental fucking health. Taking guns away will not make a terrorist not want to shoot a school, nor make a suicidal person suddenly not want to kill themselves.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.