/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you won't make into into a phd programme >tfw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 57117b4f4b559.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
57117b4f4b559.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>tfw you won't make into into a phd programme
>tfw you will be master pleb for the rest of your life
>>
>>8183273
which field?
>>
>>8183278
communications
>>
>>8183286
Why are you on /sci/?
>>
>>8183289
rekt
>>
>>8183289
because /sci/ is the paramount authority of all things science, right
>>
>>8183294
Is communication a field of science now?
>>
>>8183304
It's applied sociology. Sociology is a science.
>>
>>8183304
are you a scientist?
>>
>>8183311
2/10, now leave and never post on this board again.
>>
>>8183278
mathematics
>>
>>8183311
What are you supposed to do in a communication PHD anyway? Papers on how to convince better the people to buy shoes?
>>
>>8183273
They don't call it an ivory tower for nothing.

I'm in the same boat OP, PhD isn't an option because low GPA for undergrad and no money to do post-bacc work to boost it. I also have no connections and resources to allow for it. Also I have no desire because 100% of the people I've asked in PhD programs advise against it. No money, lots of work, and general misery. The education system (in America) is broken. It's not intended for ordinary people just trying to make a living and survive. Don't feel bad OP, there are lots others like you. I've accepted my fate and plan on working and making money instead, PhD may be out of reach but I can still contribute to science outside of academia. Also most PhD's I've met are massive assholes.
>>
>>8183359
>Also most PhD's I've met are massive assholes.
This is literally a case of fox and the grapes. It's okay if something isn't for you, but don't take it out on those who did succeed for no reason.
>>
>>8183359
>low undergrad gpa (3.0, so maybe not that low)
>no connections
>applied to state school for terminal ms in math
>free ms degree
i was surprised. don't give up hope anon.
>>
>tfw metaphorically ate shit for a semester while I took 19 credit hours of classes (included a 1 credit hour lab that was 6+ hours of class time a week), studied and passed a foreign language competency exam to graduate, studied a scored well on GRE and ChemGRE, and applied for 8 graduate PhD programs which included writing ~16 personal history and personal statement essays, hunting down a total of 24 LoRs, and spending roughly $1000 on app fees all while I continued undergraduate research and churned out 3 publications.

>tfw when I got acceptance letters from 2 UC schools for chemistry

Feels good to be offered a salary to do some badass research in Southern California. Leaving in a week as a matter of fact. Was completely worth it, though I swear that semester fucked with my head. I can't remember things as well as I used to.

>>8183311
I'll take a number 6 combo meal, but instead of the fountain drink I'd like a chocolate shake. Thanks.
>>
What is the motivating factor for any of this? Please don't tell me that in 2016 people are still trying to "escape the job market" with "education..."
>>
>>8183311
I actually laughed. Thanks.
Never post on /sci/ again.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.