[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /sci/ think of nootropics? Do they work? Results?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: nootropics.jpg (45KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
nootropics.jpg
45KB, 500x364px
What does /sci/ think of nootropics?

Do they work?

Results?

Studies pertaining to nootropics?

Is it just snake oil?
>>
I haven't had any work, but I've been on more prescription psychotropics than most people can name. Almost all to no result, or side effects. The stims, benzo, mood stabilizers didn't work, but an MAOI might have.

You'll have to be careful about what you get. Ironically since the science has been advancing, the more and more specific the mechanisms of action become, the more we get side effects. something like IDRA21 might cause brain damage if taken for extended periods. Unifiram, and especially sunifiram, might have side effects from increasing turnover of some molecules, people aren't sure. Noopept is an old one which most people find gives them problems after a month.

Most of the real ones are ampakine, glutametergic, etc. Some cholinergics can work, but only if you respond to them. I don't respond to nicotine, memantine, etc.

Depression sucks.
>>
>>8169698
I started taking modafinil three weeks ago and I've noticed varying effects on my mood and cognition.

The good
Rediculous memory and retention when studying
Increased cognition speed
Urge to complete tasks
Better social life (humour is strangely easier to conjure)
I have CFS, On it It's like i don't have CFS

The bad
Feels a bit 'racy' like a massive caffeine hit and can get irritable after a while
Always have to be doing something, Watching TV is awful on modafinil
I don't eat as much as I used to
Binding agent causes my digestive system to react nastily

The ugly
It's narcolepsy medication for a reason.

Probably the best out there if you're looking for a serious boost in brain power. Closest you'll get to NZT-48 anyways.
>>
>>8169698
Your mind is weak if you need them.
>>
>>8171998
Ahahaha the human mind is weak anyway, what a fucking retarded answer
>>
>>8169698

adrafinil, modafinil, caffeine and any of the various amphetamines have real effects on thinking, focus, working memory and stamina.

the rest is placebo garbage
>>
>>8172010
Your mind is strong if you become a sperglord.
>>
>>8172015
One way of killing yourself is to have a high sense of self-worth then getting raped by reality. Even
the current Earth's genius can see his own faults, otherwise he is literally God
>>
You need to conduct your own psychometric experiments to find out what works for you and what doesn't.

quantifiedmind is good, so are n-back tests and a spreadsheet.
>>
>>8169776
modanifil sounds rather like vyvanse
>>
>>8171998

t. eternal TA
>>
>>8169698
The list you posted contains a few different types of substances. Some of them work against anxiety and stress, usually with some kind of agonism for the GABA receptor.
>Ashwaganda
Fixed my stress. It also raises your thyroid hormone and is a diuretic, so you feel hot and thirsty all day.
>Bacopa
Just started trying it, feels like Ashwaganda so far but the real effects are long-term.
>Theanine
Acts very calming, combines well with caffeine and other stims. Apparently raises dopamine in some areas of the brain.
>>
>>8172092
Most all nootropics and stimulants I've tried suppress appetite.

Forgot to add, Erowid is the place to look for experiences studies ect;
https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=108528
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.