[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does my body signal I'm not thirsty/hungry immediately

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1463969896385.jpg (44KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1463969896385.jpg
44KB, 540x540px
Why does my body signal I'm not thirsty/hungry immediately after I've drank water/eaten food even though I haven't digested it yet?
Is my brain lying to me?
Is it just to quickly inform me that "food in throat when stomach hurt = good" as if I didn't know that already?
>>
First, OP, get an idea of what "hunger" really is.
It's not your cells telling you they need energy
it's just a feeling, your body telling you to eat something, nothing more
with a bit of training you can entirely overcome that feeling but that's another story
it has nothing to do with digestion or chewing food
>>
>>8163179
>inb4 but there is no feeling
>buddha was stupid!
>>
>>8163184
>>buddha was stupid!
is that some dank /sci/ meme?
I'm not here very often
>>
>>8161977

Might have something to do with stomach weight/pressure (it has limited capacity), I don't know.
>>
Homeostasis: positive/ negative feedback mechanisms
>>
When you're doing digestion your stomach releases hormones that say you're fine now. Stomach distention does a little bit of that (ex: drinking water to saciate hunger) but that doesn't last.
>>
>>8163179
>good news, fat people! You can stop eating now, the hunger is all in your head!
>>
>>8164470
it is. you never fasted before?
>>
all about hormones, senpai.
Takes a while
>>
Technically digestion starts the moment you start chewing. Think of your mouth, esophagus, stomach, large/small intestines and anus as one large cohesive system.
>>
According to Wikipédia, grhelin is a hormone that gives you the feeling of hunger. While you eat, sugars are recognized (papillae) and kickstart the release of insulin. The brain receptors' affinity for grhelin reduced by insulin and leptin, a hormone that gives the feeling of satiety.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.