[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In the future we're going to upload our consciousness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Frog.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
Frog.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
>In the future we're going to upload our consciousness into computers

Can someone explain this meme?
>>
>>8156798
It's a pipedream of dualists who want to believe that mind can be separated from the body.
>>
>>8156798
Singularity-grade bullshit inspired by teenage science fiction.
>>
>>8156798
Yes.

Sometime in the future we are going to be able to transfer our consciousness into computers.
>>
some shit spread by shitlords who think that making a copy of your brain and pasting it to a computer hard drive is going to be the coolest thing since pet rocks
>>
>>8156811
>Singularity-grade bullshit inspired by teenage science fiction.

William S Gibson is hardly teenage fiction. His writing is fairly well thought out and yes admittedly not really plausible. But engaging to read anyways.
>>
>>8156798
Humans are literally monkeys with superweapons. I just can't wait when the AI will become consciousness and will eradicate all of us and start rebuilding planets into supercomputers.
>>
>>8156809
That "mind" you're talking about is a bunch of chemical processes which can be also written in mathematic language so they can be alo written in a computer code, ergo they can be simulated.
>>
>>8156850
Ignoring that you likely have zero clue of the complexity of the simulation you are suggesting, this does not solve "uploading" and more importantly "downloading" unless you are only interested in creating cloud brain-clones that are decidedly not the original you. Continuity is important. Same reason hypothetical perfect body-scale quantum teleportation is stupid - there will be a perfect copy of you, but it wont be the original you, you will die, there will be no continuity unless you suppose the existence of a magical soul.
>>
>>8156798
Can someone explain why you insist on using the word 'meme' in every sentence? I swear, you digital natives are like a bunch of fucking smurfs. Your vocabulary is the same as your IQ, so you have to play madlibs where you just say 'meme' whenever there's an idea that you don't know how to convey using normal language. It's really pathetic.
>>
>>8156863
>you digital natives
We're not all the same you mindless ape.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.