[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been reading up on vitamin D the past couple of days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: gel-pills-cropped-hyman.jpg (58KB, 703x503px) Image search: [Google]
gel-pills-cropped-hyman.jpg
58KB, 703x503px
I've been reading up on vitamin D the past couple of days since someone said being deficient, which I am, might be a bigger problem than I thought.
But there are lots of places with crazy different standards for the amount you should take. I've seen one place say 600 IU daily and another say 6000 IU daily.
So how much do I take?
>>
Dude, just stand in the sun 10 minutes a day and you'll be fine
>>
Whats your ancestry? Depending how northward you are from there you need to match your dose to.
>>
Basically you can take as much as you want, it's one of the few vitamins that doesn't really have a hard limit, just take like 1000 and see how that works, I know people who take obscene amounts of it but I dunno if that's ever a safe idea even though apparently you can
>>
>>8156539
>>8156544
I'm black and don't really get much sun I admit.
When I went for a blood test a couple years back before entering college, the results came back and said everything was fine except I needed more vitamin D apparently. But that's all I heard, I didn't get a specific number or anything so I don't know exactly how much I would need. I took some multivitamin that had vitamin D in it for a little while after I got the results but it didn't really last too long.
>>
>>8156539
Luddite
>>
nigga just get like a vitamin D supplement nigga like wtf
>>
>>8156557

maaaah niggah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSrTnWDTdwI
>>
>>8156534
I take 4000IU any day I don't expect to be outside. I've noticed a reduction in the side effects which I suffer (primarily muscle and bone aches) and have not noted any negative side effects from the dosage I'm taking. Haven't done any extensive reading up, but I think you have to take quite a large quantity of vitamin D to actually suffer from it.
>>
>>8156618
>>8156618
it makes sense that we can use a ton of vitamin D since we make it from sunlight, early man was cooked all day it in for millenia
>>
>>8156534
Ask your doctor at your next physical.
My doctor recommends me to take 2000 iu
>>
upper limit is 2000iu

vitamin d at too high serum levels starts to calcify arteries
>>
>>8156539
I had my blood tested while working from sun up to sun down at a lake (for the past 3 months) and was told that I was severely vitamin D deficient. Getting sunlight is important; I'm not disagreeing, but for some people it takes more than that. The vitamin is so damn expensive, but I take it.
>>
>>8157286
Expensive? Where do you live?
>>
>>8157286
>Getting sunlight is important; I'm not disagreeing, but for some people it takes more than that.
PFFFFFFFFAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

>The vitamin is so damn expensive
It literally costs $2.5 for 50 gel capsules.
>>
10.000 iu every day. Toxicity happens on 5 times bigger doses. It will cost you 10-20$ for a month.
>>
>thread full of fucking shut-ins

Go outside and get some sun on your skin. I'm talking your actual skin, not on the relationship repellent black trenchcoat and fedora you wear.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.