[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it because the students imagine only puppies and nice flowers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: hh.gif (8KB, 482x309px) Image search: [Google]
hh.gif
8KB, 482x309px
Is it because the students imagine only puppies and nice flowers when they apply for a bio degree? Or no need to use math for years, forgotting everything and then raging when you need math in research?

If biology is a natural science, it should have a mathematical foundation.
>>
my grandma has a biology related degree. she also had math. no problem with it, she actually liked it a lot.
>>
>>8151402
>exp is not cursive
>the ds are
Why is it so hard for everyone to do it right? The 'd' is not a variable, it's not supposed to be written cursive.
>>
>>8151615
The people reading it will understand what's being said so what's the problem?

>The 'd' is not a variable, it's not supposed to be written cursive.
By this logic the exp shouldn't be written in cursive because it's a function rather than a string of variables. If you're going to get in a hissy fit about formatting rules then at least have some consistency.
>>
>If biology is a natural science, it should have a mathematical foundation.

Stop talking shit, OP. The old "Math is the language of the Universe" is a bunch of bullshit. We're struggling with all our strenght just to surpass the limitations that Mathematics has imposed on us. The Universe follows rules that are beyond the mere approximations that we can obtain with our so called "Queen of All Sciences". F u c k o f f.
>>
>>8151402
But this is just a population model, and you can use regular algebra to predict the stability under different circumstances.
For everything else, you use a computer.

So what are you asking exactly?
>>
>>8151402
Bio majors being completely mathematically illiterate opens up a lot of job positions for math majors so it is in our best interest to keep bio majors as stupid as possible.

That way the bio majors do their monkeying about in the lab and in the wild and then bring us alpha math majors the data so that we can fuck it and model it with equations while they watch and jerk it like the good little cucks they are.

To be quite honest, biostatistics and biomathematics are not the most interesting fields for "mathematicians" but it is still pretty good if you ask me.
>>
>>8151402
I'm not a biologist but I'm guessing there is lots of math, you just don't know what the fuck you're talking about
>>
Bio only needs the easy calcs, just I and II. Depending on what direction you go you can end up taking some rather tideous statistics classes.

Math classes also are normally our third of forth priority. Chemistry and biology are a lot more important to use than finding the area beneath a curve.

If you haven't taken it biochemistry is one of the biggest time sinks that exist in university.
>>
>>8151402
It's due to memes. "Biology is STEM for people who suck at math!" somehow became an undergrad science meme.

Don't worry, people who actually believe that meme will never make it past their sophomore year.
>>
File: 71645932.jpg (246KB, 1024x694px) Image search: [Google]
71645932.jpg
246KB, 1024x694px
>>8151832
>Math classes also are normally our third of forth priority. Chemistry and biology are a lot more important to use than finding the area beneath a curve.

Stop it with this fucking meme. Finding the area beneath the curve can be used in several subjects of medicine, such as:

> drug pharmacokinetics, measles pathogenesis, bacterial growth, basal metabolism, breathing cycles, dialysis treatment, tumor growth, photosynthesis, medical imaging, bioavailability, the sterile insect technique, the rumen microbial
ecosystem, and the spread of drug use.
>>
>>8151832
>Finding the area beneath a curve

Yeah, I don't really study biology either. I don't need to know any more than that mitochondria are the powerhouse of the cell.
>>
>>8151847
Well unless they are going into microbiology or medicine most of that doesn't matter or there a tables that are easy to consult. A lot of the things listed have simplified algebraic models that are very straight forward to use. Honestly statistics is more important to biology than calculus is.
>>
>>8151770
If you are this retarded you should leave.
A Scientific """achievement""" that doesnt have a solid mathematical foundation does not exist.

Math doesnt have limitation and we are definitely not struggling against them,
>>
biology isn't even a science it has no laws. its basically just a glorified religion and why would it have math biblical studies does not have math in it.
>>
>>8151832
>>8151847
> Chemistry and biology are a lot more important to use than finding the area beneath a curve.
Kek
http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/17/2/152.abstract
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.