[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that every neuro/cognitive science major/grad student

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (1MB, 1296x816px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1296x816px
Why is it that every neuro/cognitive science major/grad student is batshit crazy? What is it about the field that draws the psychos? Is it even a legitimate scientific field?
>>
>identify quirk of human cognition
>claim that this gives insight into the workings of the mind
>ignore the fact that elementary schoolers are intentionally taught to think this way
>ignore how people in 3rd world countries and animals don't think this way
>develop an entire school along this strategy

Cognitive science is still a step up from psychology, though.
>>
Alright OP... what's her name?
>>
>>8151003
Your mum
>>
interesting how you say this, my ex is a neuroscientist and she's batshit crazy
>>
>>8151060
I read something about psychology major women being psycho because they were trying to figure out why they were so fucked up... Maybe it's the same for neuro?
>>
I hate to bring vidya into this but isn't that twitch streamer Legendary Lea Neuro from UCLA, you can watch gigabytes of video of her sanity and emotional stability just coming apart at the seams.

>>8151064
It would make sense. I was told I was stupid as fuck constantly growing up and now I'm a math major to prove the nay-sayers wrong. Not everybody goes into their field because they started off liking it.
>>
>>8150970
Every woman studying neuroscience or physiology is a god damn special snowflake. Usually with aposematic hair coloration. They think they're smarter than everyone, and that their degree will give them right to masquerade their opinions as hard facts.

But oh well, I'm a male physiology/biophysics major with diagnosed sociopathy.
>>
>>8151177
Don't shittalk my waifu please
>>
>>8151179
kek
>>
>>8150970
I know a neuroscientist rather well, and he's certainly eccentric, but a long way from "batshit crazy".
>>
>>8150970
Your anecdotes are not sufficient evidence, sorry. I think some people go into psych because they have mental illness themselves, but most just want to understand how the brain works. There's mental illness in every field.
>>
>I have an anecdote/somebody who studies X field hurt my feelings
>X is a pseudo science right guys?

You people throw around the term pseudo science entirely too much.
>>
>>8151308
I'm batshit crazy. It's totally fine though.
>>
>>8150970
I study cognitive science.
Im not crazy, maybe a little apathetic/sardonic.
Only reason I study it (and math) is because the topics (memory and learning) are very generic. I dont want to be anything. No ambition. I just like puzzles and logic. Maybe manipulation on the psych side.

Just a wanna-be sherlock holmes, as cringey as that sounds.
>>
>>8150970
Maybe some of them realize they're a bit different and they desperately want to learn how normal people work and think so they can fit in and function better in society.

Some other of them are maybe extremely focussed on social status so they need a PhD for their CV to feel good about themselves.
>>
Who's crazier, professional historians or cognitive scientists?

Also /sci/, just in general, who is crazier? Humanitiesfags or sciencefags?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.