[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I want to work in a lab with chemicals hands on, what would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: umbrella peacoat girl.jpg (62KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
umbrella peacoat girl.jpg
62KB, 480x480px
If I want to work in a lab with chemicals hands on, what would be better? Pure Chem or ChemE? What is a typical day for a ChemE like (besides sucking cocks meme?) Can I do most of what a Chemist can do with a ChemE degree? It seems the only differences are ChemE's take more math and some specialized Chemical Engineering courses, and Pure Chemists take more electives that go deeper into various Chem topics. I'm minoring in math, so I'm taking at least the amount of math ChemE's need anyway.
>>
you don't

faggot
>>
>>8149356

>hands on

yeah hands on my dick lol
>>
Chemical engineering is 99% fluid dynamics and tubes

1% actual chemistry
>>
Engineering huh?

How's that dick
>>
>>8149356
> handson
chem tech
engineering tech
pharmacy tech
>>
>>8149356
yet another "i don't know the distinction between engineering and science degrees is" thread

and then they trick you by putting the adjective corresponding to a entire field of science in front of it

>chemE
oh that's like chemistry but more money right
>mechE
oh that's like physics 1 but a whole career out of it right
>EE
oh that's like physics 2 but more circuits right

and of course the worst one
>bioE
oh that's biology but more money right? holy shit I have to take calculus and physics? but math is for nerds xd where are my physiology flash cards

I don't particularly blame you, I mean I fell for the engineering meme for over 2 years myself. Especially nowadays, with this whole "STEM" memery, when really they're just overhyping the "TE" part of it, all while not really telling anyone what the fuck engineering even is.

So what is engineering? Fuck it if I should know, but if you like science (and I mean actually ENJOY it, not "hurr lazy but smart" or "hurr i luv big bazooper theory xd"), you probably won't like engineering. If you enjoy rigorous math (a la the pillars of analysis, algebra, geometry) then you really won't like engineering. But who knows, maybe you like money and a comfortable lifestyle a lot, in which case you'll love engineering.

Basically who the fuck knows.
>>
>>8149426
Huh? What does an actual "chemist" do then? Just supervise?
>>
>>8150598
my parents are both chemists.
They develop new methods for testing products.
I don't think actual chemists do the pipetting.
That's what lab techs are for. I could be wrong though.
>>
>>8150598

Industry or academic?

>Academic

Write grants.

>Industry

Write reports.
>>
>>8150609
Im sure they have to do some lab work on a small scale to develop those products and test those procedures. But yeah, it's probably techs running the 200 trials.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
wanna be hands on?
try new cuisine
>>
>>8149426

>be azide chem tech
>hands off
>>
>>8150609
So, the lab-tech need a degree too.

It's not like you can just major in marketing and become a lab tech, they need someone who has actually worked in a lab, like someone who actually studied chemistry or chem E, maybe these people don't get to be called chemists officially, but they likely studied the same stuff.
>>
>>8150712
From what I understand most technology degrees are 2 year associates degrees.
>>
>>8150715

Ya, but now a days they want people with 4 year degrees.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.