[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say you released a golden retriever puppy into a pack of wolves.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Say you released a golden retriever puppy into a pack of wolves. Would the puppy be able to integrate into the pack or had humanity too thoroughly genetically cucked the golden retrievers ability to survive in the wild?
>>
Domesticated dogs knew which animal was the greatest predator to follow. Wolves got cucked by nature and their shit judgment.
>>
>>8148492
Coyotes wind up raising stray pup dogs quite often, and occasionally the dog will even make alpha status. (A bit less common among wolves, obviously.)

Even when you get to the point where physical genetic alterations put them beyond all usefulness (Chihuahuas or what not) they seem to adapt fine. They don't become alphas, obviously, but the pack will still raise and defend them, at least some of the time.

Once in a great while, canines will even raise humans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkX47t2QaRs

Packs choose pecking order based on physical strength, but it isn't, literally, a dog eat dog world. They tend to ensure that even the weakest among them will survive.
>>
File: 1466185714771.gif (2MB, 491x270px) Image search: [Google]
1466185714771.gif
2MB, 491x270px
>>8148492
It could die of plain disease, parasites, cold, etc. Sometimes omega wolves are expelled from packs, become giant lone wolves otherwise they starve, and then make their own packs.. Epigenetics would play a big role here. The puppy could survive if females liked him and if the pack wasn't starving.

>>8148511
Great video.
>>
>>8148560
what does this gif show
>>
>>8148599
This gif shows sexual differentiation, the contrast between two results of hormonal action.
>>
>>8148599
Isn't it pretty obvious? Feminization/masculinization of facial features from an androgynous base.

I don't know the source, though
>>
>>8148511
>During the show Oxana said that she wants to be treated like a normal human being, and is offended when others call her a "dog-girl"
>tfw you will never have a literally dog girlfriend
>>
>>8148492
Yes but it will never be allowed to breed. Dogs are essentially wolf pups in both their intellect and physical prowess. The pack treats them as children and young teenagers basically.
>>
>>8148511
This was all super fascinating, but I wish they didn't cut the video off right there at the most important part!
She couldn't recognize a mirror, or herself in one.
That's a pretty strange fucking concept to me.
Some Dolphins and Bears can recognize themselves in mirrors, and it leads me to wonder about the nature of self awareness:
If it can be forgotten, or never learned such as in the case of the girl,
can it be taught in other creatures?
Is it a trait that must be taught in humans?
If so, is it then true that it must be taught to other species?
If so, who taught the bears and dolphins?
>>
>>8149079
Well, I know that it's considered one of developmental milestones in humans - there is a certain point in the growing up of a baby (toddler?) when it first realises that it is looking at its own reflection.

But based on my experience with my own children, I don't think it is taught. I think it is a deduction that humans make on their own, without outside guidance.
>>
>>8149107
But when most humans are 8, that deduction's been made.

Is it a product of exposure to mirrors, or is the development that leads to the ability to recognize that the person in the shiny thing is you impeded by lack of interpersonal interaction?
>>
>>8149115
What I find puzzling is, that in nature, even without mirrors, you would eventually still see you reflection in water, and eventually make the deduction.

So I would lean to the second option, i.e, that without observing other humans, you somehow lack the capacity to connect your human picture to your feeling of self (in context of this case, you probably see yourself as a dog and the picture of a human just doesn't connect).

Still, I would assume that this is not a permanent effect, just a delay, and that eventually a deduction will be made.
>>
>>8149132
>tfw Dolphins don't have anything reflective when they're underwater
>>
>>8149135
Underwater, you also get a reflection at the water / air boundary.
>>
>>8149138
That's true.
Gotta be calm waters, though, and the reflection isn't as good since the light source is above the water, which I guess makes the case for why only some Dolphins seem to have it instinctively, and others develop it in well lit and calm plexiglass enclosures.
>>
>>8148560
Why is the man so much more attractive than the woman? Does this make me gay?
>>
>>8148492
Domesticated canines aren't cucked. They were smart enough to form a relationship with humans. So, wolves formed two groups: one group that is what wolves are today (pack animals who don't work with humans), and one that was more human friendly and formed a symbiotic relationship with humans and became today's dogs. I would say that because the two groups diverged, a dog would not fit in well with wolves. If introduced as a puppy, it would have a better chance, because it wouldn't have learned life as a house dog, but I don't think it would work.
>>
>>8149505
Because women with short hair look like shit. I am bad with faces, so one of the factors I look at is hair. Therefore, a woman with short hair may as well be a boy.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.