[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Preparing for a Japanese Scholarship exam, it consists of Chemistry,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: slide05.png (322KB, 950x329px) Image search: [Google]
slide05.png
322KB, 950x329px
Preparing for a Japanese Scholarship exam, it consists of Chemistry, Physics, Math, English and Japanese.

My biggest fears are the scientific parts, Chemistry, Physics and Math, I love science but I am a student who just graduated High-School from a 3rd world curriculum which is based on memorization and vomiting out all the memorized info on a test paper at the end of the school-year. Because of this, and Shit teachers, I have shit foundations in science generally as well as math, but I love reading about science and the application of it. What do I do to prepare for these tests? And just generally to prepare myself for university since I'd like to major in Physics.
>>
>>8148134

just go to college in your own country.

its not worth going to a foreign country where you already admit you have a poor understanding of the concepts.
>>
>>8149176

Don't listen to this guy, OP.

If you want to do it, go for it. There's material free and accessible on everything if you go by a curriculum and look up each theory individually.
>>
>>8148134
It's very difficult taking exam in format you're not used to... especially when you were scoring high on the format you were very used to. I experienced this when I had to quit A level program for america. Knowing what question wants is crucial

Nothing's bad about memorization. How do you even do that in physics? It's all about understanding concepts in physics anyway. Well good luck
>>
>>8149193

Poor country here too. In some places they just want you to memorize formulas and ways you can solve equations.
>>
What the fuck is up with OPs image? Don't they fucking know that those positions would never occur without some external force? Fuckkkkk
>>
>>8149196

thats also americas public school.

yes, even for advanced studence.

>please answer all these question in 50 minutes
>>
As second hand knowledge, my current girlfriend is Chinese, her experience at home involved "memorise questions, memorise answer" and not "the method".
As a result she's very good at reciting raw information and dumping facts, but any question (Australian university, so every question) that asks "How would you do X" or "Please explain Y and how it relates to X" where it gives no facts, no values and let's you go openly into it with no starting point....... She does very poorly.

I'm not sure how or if this will help OP, but she found practical application in real life (we study geology) was the best way for her to learn how to "manipulate" information she rote learned to "apply" in real life.
>>
>>8148134
I had those tests yesterday, MEXT right? My results come in on tuesday, expecting to get it.
>>
>>8149608
Okay so if it's MEXT you're talking about, I'm this guy. This is my advice:

If your test is in a week or two, just give up. It's REALLY hard, I studied hard as fuck for 3 months before. I had a fucking awesome math exam, physics too. Average score (and also passing score) on Math is 40, I am 100% sure I did at least 80. Avg score on phys is 60 (this one was easier) I probably aced it, and then chemistry, it was easy as fuck but I couldn't be bothered to study for it so I just gave that test with my knowledge, did probably 50-60 (barely passing grade).
Seriously, this is not a scholarship which you study a week before.
>>
>>8149465

Oh, I thought American k-12 schools were just:

>do these practice problems while I go to sleep
>Oh, you need my help? Uhh... hold on these guys asked first
>Lol that's easy, the answer is 12. How? Well that would defeat the purpose of you figuring it out even though you're completely stuck on the problem.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.