[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just like math and I think it would be interesting to see what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: screenshot.gif (255KB, 435x343px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.gif
255KB, 435x343px
I just like math and I think it would be interesting to see what kinds of things are being done by real mathematicians today

Were can I go to see this? "math news" isn't really a thing
>>
They're all working on something. They can't really give away hints in the math world or else you'll have sneaky snakes come in and steal their work. Thus, nothing happens until you publish it and prove your work. Otherwise you'll look like a dumb ass
>>
>>8142925
just go to the arxiv or read some math blogs like Tao's blog.
Honestly if you want to know what current researchers are doing, just read current research.
>>
>>8142947

yeah but... were?

I'm not a student or anything
>>
>>8142959
DESU senpai, there's no way you'll even comprehend what they're talking about.
>>
>>8142960

try me nigger
>>
>>8142965
Does the sentence "the field of fractions of an integral domain is the smallest field in which the domain can be embedded" have meaning to you?

if not, stick to undergrad.
>>
>>8142969
Not that guy, but, definitions layered on definitions that often use horrible terminology is a terrible reason to avoid math. Definitions can be learned relatively quickly.

Now, wanting to be spoonfed without taking the time to study those definitions, that would be stupid. But OP hasn't necessarily confirmed that this is what he wants.
>>
>>8142969
Just quit being a terminal fag and help him with what he's looking for. Oh right, you don't know either.
>>
>>8142959
arxiv.org you tardo
Click on a topic that sounds interesting and start reading papers.
Unless you're already a grad student or on that level, you're not going to be able to get very far.
>>
>>8142925
blogs are good
you can see updates on nlab like on wikipedia which is good
follow major people on stackexchange like zhen lin or mike shulman or people in a field you like

and btw, there totally is "math news". check ams bulletins and the like.
>>
>>8142978
>>8142987
Kek >>>/dumb/
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.