[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://superscholar.org/smartest-pe ople-alive/ How accurat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

File: Lead.jpg (120KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Lead.jpg
120KB, 500x281px
http://superscholar.org/smartest-people-alive/

How accurate is this list for the smartest people in the world?

It looks like they go by both IQ and accomplishments.

Some notable names:
29. Chris Langan
25. Neil deGrasse Tyson
24. Kim Ung-Yong
17. Garry Kasparov
16. Terrence Tao
9. Magnus Carlsen
4. Grigori Perelman
3. Andrew Wiles
1. Stephen Hawking
>>
>>8139401
im only 20 iq pts behind a man (einstein) who debunked the majority of physics by thinking about trains. And seeing as physics deals with true complexity and other science do not, its even more reasonable for a 140 to be able to trash your kind than it was for a 160 to trash physics ;)
if ur iq was above 140 u wouldnt be as butthurt about the concept of a 140 hyp grad lurking this beta barn..
so the logical conclusion is that ur iq is lower than 140 (possibly much lower)
if you met me in real life you would instantly be blown into a world where all that mattered was getting me to acknowledge your existence and even hopefully be your friend... But i would probably find you to be a desperately uninteresting person and want you to exit my awareness as fast as possible.
the fact that i dont lie about my iq is what gives me the edge necessary to call you an inferior little girl who couldnt understand basic physics, and BE RIGHT ABOUT IT.
honestly if i woke up one morning and for some reason my thinking capacity had devolved to your level, it would take me less than 5 min to run to the kitchen and slit my throat...
maybe your going to tell me u work at goldman..
but ud still be way inferior, as is anybody who projects their iq to be higher than it is..
maybe thats the point, inferiorboy ;)
>>
File: 1461945940478.jpg (32KB, 400x280px) Image search: [Google]
1461945940478.jpg
32KB, 400x280px
>>8139401
>chess players on the list
>>
>>8139427
This pasta could be hugely improved by adding something about closing the 20 point gap through brain training exercises and practicing mental arithmetic.
>>
>>8139499
do it please, I'm not very creative
I just took the text from some autists post (I assume that it was actually real)
>>
>>8139401
I hope that's not in order
>>
>>8139401
why do people consider chess players to be really smart, but not people who play other games?
>>
File: Notthisagain.jpg~c200.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Notthisagain.jpg~c200.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
>>8139401
>smartest people
>>
>>8139401
>Hawking above Perelman
>Tyson making the list
>Langan the Meme Man making the list
/pop/sci, I was wondering where your thread was
>>
Just stop this nonsense already. Mathematician might be good at math, bu he definitely suck at programming. Programmist can't do medicine. Surgeon can't do engineering. Every particular problem requires particualr learning. You can't be smart in general.

People who said that he is smart actually prove that he is stupid. Remember what Socrate says: "I know that I know nothing"
>>
>>8139401

Triggered
>>
>>8139401
>Magnus Carlsen
>memorizing thousands of positions 10 hours a day makes you smart
>>
>>8139613
>Langan the man with one of the highest IQs ever recorded making the list
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>8139401
>16. Terrence Tao

List instantly invalidated.
>>
File: Capture.png (81KB, 741x644px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
81KB, 741x644px
>>8140017
>Tao
>>
>>8139401

>Black Science Man on the list
>Hawking above Witten

what the fuck
>>
IT IS I! THE GREAT GREATINI!
FOR I AM THE GREATEST!
THERE IS NO ONE GREATER THAN GREATINI!
IT IS IN MY NAME!
I AM THE LOGOS, THE SOPHIA!
ASK AND I SHALL ANSWER EVERYTHING PERFECTLY AND TO YOUR SATISFACTION, UNLESS YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH SAYING YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH NOT BEING SATISFIED.
>>
>>8140043
He sounds like an annoying intellegentsia who tries to apply maths/physics into politics which he knows nothing about
>>
>>8140132
I'll correct myself, he tries to demonstrate his knowledge of maths/physics to validate his mediocre political views
>>
>>8139632
>Mathematicians suck at programming
It's not like CS as a subject was only founded cause silicon valley couldn't afford any more mathematicians
>>
>>8139530
It's literally a meme
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 204x248px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 204x248px
>>8139632
>you cant be smart in general

mfw this nigga never heard of john von neumann
>>
I think chess players are a valid inclusion.

Listen to Garry Kasparov talk, you can just tell he's an intelligent dude.

The raw intellectual ability they have could be applied to anything, they just focused on chess.
>>
>>8139401
>5. Ruth Lawrence
Is she another one of those meme people who never did anything important despite looking good "on paper"?
>>
>>8140501
*tips fedora*
>>
>>8140043
>"if you disagree with me, it's just emperor's new clothes and you're wrong"
>feeling the need to write about political shit
what a fucking retard. i'd expect this shit from a college student.
>>
>>8139401
>29. Chris Langan
>25. Neil deGrasse Tyson
What the fuck
>>
File: roger penrose.jpg (102KB, 400x468px) Image search: [Google]
roger penrose.jpg
102KB, 400x468px
>>8139401
>doesn't have roger penrose
>>
>>8140043
Jesus, I haven't been to What's New recently, so I haven't seen this yet. Tao, cmon senpai, what are you doing? Is he already getting to the age where he's becoming "le science man (usually physicists) who voices his opinions as fact on topics unrelated to his work"?

I'm honestly very disappointed. And judging from people like >>8140132 who have no idea just how great a mathematician Tao is, it's a very bad impression for him to give.
>>
>>8140416
Fucking neumann, one the greatest minds this world ever had
>>
File: JohnvonNeumann in his home.jpg (377KB, 988x829px) Image search: [Google]
JohnvonNeumann in his home.jpg
377KB, 988x829px
>>8141222
> neumann
literally shit tier
>>
>>8141232
Bait/10 (^:
>>
>>8141232
get a load of this faggot
>>
Where is Vincent Rijmen?
>>
>>8141239
>>8141242
> defending literally trash
calm down pleb
>>
>>8141248
ok hothead, how is jvn trash tier?

inb4 nothing
>>
>>8141253
well he's the worst mathematician ever. he didn't contribute to anything at all and academy-tier textbook mathematicians are shit. AKA Vonn Newbmann
>>
>>8139401
>Neil deGrasse Tyson on the list
>women on the list
This is a joke right?
>>
>>8141259
all my keks
>>
>>8141265
> triggered
lol sorry trashkid
>>
>>8141268
Do you really talk like this? Using trash in every sentence, you sure must be highly educated.
And I'm not even from an english-speaking country.
>inb4 ad hominem
just curious
>>
>>8139401
>29. Chris Langan
>25. Neil deGrasse Tyson

lmao
>>
>>8141274
The same inexistant reason why you spam about trash-level Newbmann ? Do you even know why you like trash or does he look like your dad and you're secretly having homosexual urges towards him ?
>>
>>8139496
Like 5 of the 8 world champions went crazy

There is a high correlation with chess ability and properties of the mind
>>
File: smile-pic-19.jpg (118KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
smile-pic-19.jpg
118KB, 500x341px
>>8139689
See
>>8141318
>>
>>8141310
2/10 made me respond, go back to /b/ anon
>>
>>8139401
> Neil deGrasse Tyson

Holy shit, he's basically just a pop-science icon, not a super well regarded scientist (I mean, he doesn have the PhD, but he's not at this level).

> Chris Langan

Wow, it just got worse. He's basically just a con artist using poorly defined terms and generalities to form ideas that can't be easily dispelled. I imagine if he didn't do this, everyone would see through CTMU. There's a reason that none of the experts really agree with him.

> Terrence Tao

He should be like top 8, easily. I know he's like 2nd highest for IQ, though IQ obviously has issues as a measure of intelligence.
>>
>>8141324
> implying your husbandu has ny respect here
its funnier how you can't even say why you like him. I feel sorry for you trashkid.
>>
>>8141328
Haha I'm not even the first poster but w/e.
You are just making an ass of yourself. The fact that this thread/forum is anonymous and is going into oblivion is making you a favor friend :)
>>
>>8141341
> doesn't know how to check for samefags
> says forum
an expected level of autism from someone who loves trash. Its funny how you still can't tell anything about him.
>>
>>8139401
>25. Neil deGrasse Tyson

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>Garry Kasparov
>Magnus Carlsen
Guys who play stupid Indian games are naught compared to real scientists like Neil Tyson and Hawking.
>>
>>8141355
>check for samefags
>not a forum
sure dude, whatever represses your weltschmerz (^:
>>
>>8141367
Sorry I don't speak trash.
>>
>>8141368
Haha this is so cringe, your vocabulary is a disgrace for humankind
>>
>>8141370
but you said you like trash, what am I supposed to say ?
>>
>>8141375
I don't get it thou, you clearly have some deepseated mental problems, and yet you stil browse /sci/, is it only to provoke people?
If so I'm sorry but I won't bite, people like you is only a mystery for me, take care anon :)
>>
>>8141384
> all this triggering because Newbmann is trash
calm down alrady trashkid. Maybe you should pick a better idol. Someone who's worthy maybe. Someone with a bit of contribution
>>
>>8141384
he's hoping to catch the smarts by osmosis.
>>
>>8141388
And who would that be mister trashman?
>>
>>8141384
> people with mental problems don't browse /sci/
you new here, or are you just blind to the weekly schizo thread?
>>
>>8141393
Take your pick :
> 29. Chris Langan
> 25. Neil deGrasse Tyson
> 24. Kim Ung-Yong
> 17. Garry Kasparov
> 16. Terrence Tao
>9. Magnus Carlsen
> 4. Grigori Perelman
> 3. Andrew Wiles
> 1. Stephen Hawking
>>
>>8141392
Like some kind of contact bachelor's degree?
>>
>>8141394
I tend to stay out of them, this time I walked into a trap :/
>>
>>8141395
Number 25 then, black science man is great (^:
>>
>>8141396
yep, a grafted sheepskin
he's put in the years of hard work
>>
>>8141399
nice. much better choice then trash newbmann :^)
>>
>>8139427
Wow someone got you so motivated to write all that stuff. Must have hit a nerve eh? :)
>>
>>8141318
There is also a high correlation of being under lots of stress and going crazy or becoming famous and going crazy.
>>
Can someone enlighten me what is the scientific contribution of Hawking other than making popscience videos and books?

I only know of Hawking radiation.
>>
Chris Langan:

1.) Tested only 1 time, in an irregular testing environment (not monitored), by an unqualified tester, who was already a confessed fan of his

2.) Never took the test again

3.) His claims about his SATs could not be verified, nor could any of his claims about his higher academic learning

4.) He uses logical fallacies and neologisms, which indicates he's a pathological liar with high narcissism

5.) He has never contributed to society and his wife (major depressive that worships him) paid for their ranch

6.) MENSA does not recognize MEGA as a legitimate organization
>>
>>8141366
>Neil Tyson
>real scientist
kek
>>
>>8139703
Real, credible IQ tests max out fairly low due to the lack of sufficient sample sizes to establish a reliable statistical distribution, and the results will be invalidated by too much exposure to the testing methods (i.e. if you study IQ tests, you can get high scores on them). Crazy high scores come from "high-IQ enthusiast tests".

Langan isn't so much a super-smart guy as a guy who's obsessed with IQ tests and posing as a genius, without being able to back it up. He doesn't do ANYTHING that requires or demonstrates exceptional intelligence.

IQ scores showing that someone's within a standard deviation of the mean, at least two standard deviations below, or at least two standard deviations above, are pretty reliable indicators of mental retardation, adequate but unexceptional intellectual ability, and being at least rather clever, respectively. Scores between one and two standard deviations from the mean are ambiguous results: a guy with an IQ of 75 can be surprisingly adequate, and one with an IQ of 125 can be surprisingly average in their performance on tasks, an 80 can be shockingly stupid, and a 120 can be brilliant, while a 90 or a 110 are rarely either.

Super-low scores tend to come from a different system, based on observed ability to speak, to learn basic tasks, and as such are pretty reliable.

Super-high scores are untrustworthy. Nothing means much above 130, let alone above 145. This is the territory of loose statistical associations on large populations, not useful information about the particular individual.
>>
>>8140144
what is up with mathfags and inferiority complex haha, you cant program deal with it
>>
>>8141232
bait so bad it's good!
>>
>>8142297
are you still here newbman trash spammer ?
>>
>>8139401

No Michelle Obama? No Bill Nye?
>>
>>8142175
Mate, I taught myself to program when I was in high school. Let's pretend like it's some difficult endeavor.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.