[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you /sci/entists ever get the feeling you are not that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: postburger.jpg (9KB, 263x191px) Image search: [Google]
postburger.jpg
9KB, 263x191px
Do any of you /sci/entists ever get the feeling you are not that good with math/science in general?

Everyone (friends, family, even teachers once in a while) says I'm great with numbers and logic, all my classmates look up to me, I get very good grades and all that, but I still think that doesn't mean a lot. Sounding smart to people who don't know much about science is pretty easy (that's why popsci is so popular in first place).
I know that if I ever tried to rise above what has been already discovered by real scientists and mathematicians, I'd completely lost.

Anyone else share that feel?
>>
>>8137813
There's always room for improvement motherfucker.
Don't let contentment breed stagnancy.
>>
Yep. I get self doubt all the time. Walk it off and get back to work.
>>
>>8137813
>8137813
The more you learn, the more you realize how much you don't know. This is why normies think they know anything. Because they know nothing, and aren't even aware.
>>
Not being the smartest is ok. Plenty of students are smarter than I am. The reason I make better grades than them is because I work harder and sacrifice more to earn better grades than them.

Your intelligence defines your limit, hard work will get you there. You should always be what you can do. So find how far you can go before you fail or are satisfied and stop there.
>>
>>8137924
Even then, im sure you arent the top dog in every class. There are others like that and they work just as hard.

People like this are competitive, but thats good. Its usually two guys trying to solve the same answer first, together, instead of harsh rivalry like a Chad
>>
>>8137924
>Your intelligence defines your limit, hard work will get you there

That's actually pretty inspiring
>>
I am convinced that I am not smart, everyone else is stupid.
>>
>>8138291

I know that feel brah
>>
>>8138291
That's exactly how I feel. Is that a thing?
>>
who cares? just do what you like and stop trying to rate your own intelligence or compare it to other people. no point
>>
>>8137889
so much this.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.