[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the big chill taken very seriously in cosmological circles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: WGT.jpg (634KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WGT.jpg
634KB, 1920x1080px
Is the big chill taken very seriously in cosmological circles?

Because there's a huge problem with it. For the universe to keep expanding it needs more energy so infinite energy has to keep coming from somewhere so it can't ever run out of energy.
>>
To put it simply, an object in motion stays in motion unless acted upon by an outside force. Ie. You can move something an infinite distance with a finite amount of energy. That being said, spacetime isn't actually expanding, so no energy is required. In fact, the lack of energy density is what is acclerating the expansion
>>
>>8135563
>spacetime isn't actually expanding
go on
>the lack of energy density is what is acclerating the expansion
citation?
>>
>>8135361
>Is the big chill taken very seriously in cosmological circles?

it's the most popular theory, so what you think?
>>
>>8135361
Dark energy motherfucker. Have you ever heard of it?
>>
What makes you think it would require infinite energy?
>>
>>8135791
Spacetime expansion is metric. Distances between objects on a cosmic scale are getting larger, but the universe isn't "expanding" in to anything.

Sufficient energy density in spacetime causes curvature, which is experienced as gravity. In areas with high energy density, like galaxies and clusters, the force of gravity overcomes the expansion force (dark energy). But we have found conclusively that there's not enough energy in the universe to stop or reverse the expansion, only slow it down. As gravity becomes weaker, space will expand faster and accelerate until it overcomes the nuclear forces as well. Atoms will be ripped apart leaving a universe filled with nothing but low level em. Eventually, even this em well redshift to near 0 energy and there will be no usable energy left. At this point, time ceases to exist and the heat death is complete
>>
>>8135563
>object in motion stays in motion
Found your problem, Opie.
Other galaxies aren't getting further away because they possess velocity retaliative to us.
It's because the space between us is expanding.
>>
>>8135563
>>8136010
>>8136041
It's like you never even bothered to read what I said.

It was an example to show that you don't need an infinite amount of energy.
>>
>>8135925
hurrr durrr I explain the unexplainable with dark matter. I got a feeling your gf is dark matter
>>
>>8136055
Dubs lel.

You DO know that dark energy and dark matter are completely unrelated to each other, right?
>>
>>8136057
I DO know that YourMom^2===D~~~
>>
>>8135361
>>8135563
You can move something an infinite distance with a finite amount of energy".
That seems peculiar doesn't it?
I mean, something is happening there.
Say there was an ordinary stone. And it were the only bit matter in the universe. And an amount of energy were exercised upon the stone,
something like being thrown, to set it upon a tragetory.
Well if the space of the universe is infinite, and there is no other matter in the universe to contrast the movement of the stone with, is the stone really moving?
would this not be like trying to add/subtract upon an infinite?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.