[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Every time I point out a problem with Musk's Mars plans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_inline_mm5bv4sVmP1qz4rgp.gif (288KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mm5bv4sVmP1qz4rgp.gif
288KB, 500x375px
Every time I point out a problem with Musk's Mars plans I just get "reuseable rockets bro!" thrown at me. There is no point in arguing with these imbeciles, they think reuseable rockets will solve every problem in space travel ever. Musk hasn't even reused a rocket yet FFS.

The whole thing has pretty much become pied piper-tier now. Legions of neckbeards unhappy with their mundane lives believing that this one man will get them an exciting life on another planet. It's all faith, BFR, MCT are all dreams. No maths to back any of it up, cancellation upon cancellation of even the Falcon Heavy. If I ask how is it going to make it 225,000,000 km? I get the reply "it will be really big!" and if I ask how is it going to get there for less than $100 billion? I get the reply "It will be resueable!". That's it, that's the entirety of SpaceX's plan to get to Mars. May as well wait for Jesus to take you there.
>>
what gives you the credit to point out the problems with Musk's Mars plans?
>>
Falcon heavy was not canceled or delayed
They chose not to work on it because there was no market demand for it

They haven't reused rockets yet because they are limited on launch rates and want to study the landed stages/make sure theres no damage.
Possibly they didn't have extra stage 2's at the time either.
>>
>>8134114
>It was not launched on the date that it was supposed to launch on
>It was not delayed
D E L U S I O N A L
>>
>>8134216
no such date existed
>>
File: 1424798489259.jpg (18KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1424798489259.jpg
18KB, 413x395px
>>8134025
You see, the issue here is that you're so fucking autistic you can't tell a joke from a serious reply. Retardos like you are everywhere is science and engineering so normal people catch on how to fuck with dumb shits like you pretty fast. Its quite funny seeing some autistic pleb squirm as his personal little world is crushed by people pretending to care about a spergs tiny little issues.
>>
>>8134025
>how is it going to make it 225,000,000 km?
Big-sounding number distances aren't a problem in space. If your argument is "the distance from Earth to Mars is a big-sounding number, therefore this is impossible", and you think that's an argument worth making, you're probably too stupid to understand when someone tries to explain to you.

>how is it going to get there for less than $100 billion?
Where would you even get the idea that a single rocket launch would cost over $100 billion?

The whole Apollo program cost about $100 billion. When they had to invent everything, using 1960s technology (their best integrated circuit was a dual three-input NOR gate), as a rush job to discredit the Soviets, as an inefficient government program with lots of profiteering ticks attached.

The feasibility of the Mars plan comes down to: automation, reuse, advanced technology, economies of scale.
>>
>>8135522
first of all the apollo program's IC contribution was massive. that NOR gate was a THOR gate.
>>
File: alien_joke.jpg (23KB, 274x420px) Image search: [Google]
alien_joke.jpg
23KB, 274x420px
Q: What made us going in circles?
A: Your Dogma of Locality.
>>
>>8134114

>there's no demand for a product that doesn't exist, thus don't invent it, because no demand bruh
>>
>>8134708
>elon musk's cult of fanboys
>joke

You are even more deluded than they are if you think that such a group of people don't actually exist
>>
>>8134025
Reusable rockets launch payload into LEO cheaply and cost effectively.

MCT assembled in LEO from these payload components.

Now assembled shipped leaves LEO for Mars.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.