[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /sci/, what kind of math is this? what do I need to learn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

hey /sci/, what kind of math is this? what do I need to learn to understand this? I feel so fucking stupid :(
>>
>>8133294
chain rule
>>
>>8133299
I think these are matrices, right? How does chain rule work on matrices? Also, notice that circle with dot inside? wtf is that?
>>
>>8133306
It works the same with matrices and vectors.
It looks like calculus of variations potentially just with a lot of random shit in it.
Where did you find this?
>>
>>8133344
thanks.

I found it in some random paper on control theory.
>>
>>8133349
you would spend your time better learning calculus than browsin random shit you cant understand
>>
File: monkey finger.jpg (223KB, 990x990px) Image search: [Google]
monkey finger.jpg
223KB, 990x990px
>>8133359
>>
>>8133294
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tensor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tensor_product
"The ⊠ variant of ⊗ is used in control theory."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_theory

What is this search engine blindness?
>>
>>8133468
Well, by the way you answered then you might aswell call 4chan.org a search engine.

You literally gave him a list of related topics. From OP's perspective, 4chan is like a search engine that just takes about an hour to give you an answer.

If you honestly believe that this people are stupid for not googling their shit then at least do not fucking answer them so that they don't feel like coming back and instead ask on reddit like they usually do.
>>
>>8133480
OP here, how the heck would you search for the equation in my picture???

>>8133468
Thanks!
>>
>>8133468
Usually the problem is that newcomer does not even know the term "tensor" and has no clue where to begin. There are tons of google-tier questions, but there is a potential excuse for this one.

>>8133480
You're an idiot.
>>
>>8133501
>OP here, how the heck would you search for the equation in my picture???

EZ PZ, faggot.

First you graduate highschool, you apply to a university, you get accepted at a university, you major in pure mathematics, you grind for a couple of years, you finally get introduced to tensors, professor shows up the same equations you posted, done.
>>
File: 1433879366591.png (36KB, 323x538px) Image search: [Google]
1433879366591.png
36KB, 323x538px
>>8133533
>EZ PZ, faggot.
OK genius. Take the pic from OP and explain to us what it does and what those terms mean.

You can use your pure math knowledge, wikipedia, textbooks, google... whatever you want.

I'll wait.
>>
>>8133575
It's the partial derivative of a loss function in a recurrent neural network with respect to the weights and biases of the input network for the current time step.
>>
File: scared.jpg (19KB, 290x362px) Image search: [Google]
scared.jpg
19KB, 290x362px
>>8133584
w-who are you? and how do you know this?
>>
>>8133585
probly somebdoy who's taking courses in control theory, I'd guess
>>
>>8133586
OP lied when he said this was control theory. It's just ML crap from a blog post someone made recently https://jramapuram.github.io/ramblings/rnn-backrpop/

Said blog post literally explains everything term by term so I don't know what OP meant by this thread
>>
>>8133593
That's actually a really cool article. Thanks for the link.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.