[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why exactly are some people driven while others can read tons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 234.jpg (36KB, 174x212px) Image search: [Google]
234.jpg
36KB, 174x212px
Why exactly are some people driven while others can read tons of self-help books and still remain their old inactive self?

Is it the lack of a goal they believe in and think they can achieve?
Is it the lack of foresight of the consequences of inaction?
Is it the lack of training of discipline when growing up?
Is it the lack of a supporting, encouraging environment?
Is it low endurance?
Is it a low pain/discomfort tolerance?
>>
>>8132930

Mostly genetics and some of it is your upbrining.
>>
>>8132952
That's very vague. Like saying that people get fat because of food.
>>
>>8132957
That's not vague at all. He's saying that you're genetically predisposed to being lazy, and your upbringing is icing on the slothy-cake.
>>
>>8132970
But how exactly? Is there a laziness/drive gene?
>>
Hormones would be my guess, judging from changes in character and behaviour one can experience when treating low testosterone levels, for example.
>>
>>8132952
I agree but I think your past influences play a bigger role. You will succeed if you learnt to succeed (as a kid or something). Everyone that is known for a particular achievement usually has other remarkable achievements. Like OP said, some people are just driven
>>
I would argue, exclusively by conjecture, that the differences between driven people and lazy people are very slight.

Driven people suck it up and just do itâ„¢, regardless of level of motivation (motivation is basically allowing your feelings to dictate how you're going to behave). Lazy people spend their time thinking about what they'd rather be doing, which inevitably leads to procrastination.

So basically, laziness is the weakest form of ADHD, and will probably be diagnosed as such in the future when we've reached the point where everybody will have several psychological diagnoses.
>>
>>8132930
I belive that bigest part of it is your upbringing. People don't even realize how much information children get and what can affect children. Time, effort and very important - attitude parents have toward children and toward life, molds their children. People don't even realize it. We concsciounsly remember very little of our life and what happened to us, but all is remembered and affect ourself.
>>
>>8132975
'Gene' as in 'gene cluster'? Sure.
>>
>>8132952
>>8132970
>>8133092
That's retarded idea. How do you think this "laziness" gene cluster was preserved through history and evolution?
>>
>>8133010
>when we've reached the point where everybody will have several psychological diagnoses.
Boy, it would be terrible if we gave labels to concepts that you admit are problematic. Then people might actually be able to identify what is wrong with them and attempt to work on it.

Blanket diagnoses that lead to a lifetime of pills are useless shit, but the end of your post turned full retard.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.