[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lockheed Martin is building an interplanetary spaceship boun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1463574653901.jpg (286KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
1463574653901.jpg
286KB, 950x534px
Lockheed Martin is building an interplanetary spaceship bound for Mars in 2028. It will be built with NASA SLS launches and use Orion to ferry crew. No mention of SpaceX.

http://lockheedmartin.com/us/ssc/mars-orion.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2016/05/24/could-this-mars-base-camp-really-send-astronauts-to-the-red-planet-in-2028/

SpaceX BTFO
>>
According to Ben Rich they figured this out years ago:

>1 : “Inside the Skunk Works (Lockheed’s secret research and development entity), we were a small, intensely cohesive group consisting of about fifty veteran engineers and designers and a hundred or so expert machinists and shop workers. Our forte was building technologically advanced airplanes of small number and of high class for highly secret missions.”

>2 : “We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects, and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity. Anything you can imagine, we already know how to do.”

>3 : “We now have the technology to take ET home. No, it won’t take someone’s lifetime to do it. There is an error in the equations. We know what it is. We now have the capability to travel to the stars. First, you have to understand that we will not get to the stars using chemical propulsion. Second, we have to devise a new propulsion technology. What we have to do is find out where Einstein went wrong.”

>4 : When Rich was asked how UFO propulsion worked, he said, “Let me ask you. How does ESP work?” The questioner responded with, “All points in time and space are connected?” Rich then said, “That’s how it works!”
>>
>>8123897
Umm /x/ is that way...

And that quote has never been verified. Completely unsourced hearsay.
>>
>>8123897
"OH BOY
I CANT BELIEVE IT'S NOT BULLSHIT"*
-Also someone i guess.
*[citation needed]
>>
File: phobos_wow.jpg (43KB, 562x437px) Image search: [Google]
phobos_wow.jpg
43KB, 562x437px
>>8123893
>Lockheed Martin
>NASA
Nah, will not happen.
Defense contractors stay clear of the entertainment sector.
Why build toys when you make black trillions in the UAP business?
>>
It'll never happen
SLS will be canceled before then
>>
>>8123893
why do you insist on flooding the board with your popsci nonsense? fuck off
>>
What's with /sci/entists and their love for NASA and all those state-run projects?
>>
>>8123897
I believe you anon
>>
fuck lockheed, they rescinded my dream job offer :(
>>
>>8124348
It's not about shilling for NASA the SpaceX BTFO was just a joke. Why would you not want NASA or Lockheed to go ahead with this? The more trying to get to Mars the merrier. I sincerely hope Musk gets to Mars in 2025, I'm sure i said somewhere that I actually like him I'm just a reactionary against all the blind optimism I see on here. In the ideal world all three will get to Mars and work together sharing resources and funds. I hope nobody actually seriously fanboys one over the other. Sure NASA isn't interested in commercialization but SpaceX can use their infrastructure so we should support them both.
>>
>>8124545
>we
don't group us up with you, imbecile

also, this isn't your blog and no one gives a fuck about your opinions.
>>
>>8124523
Why did they rescind? Security clearance?
>>
>>8124553
this isn't your personal chatroom, fuck off
>>
File: lockheed fusion.png (201KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
lockheed fusion.png
201KB, 400x200px
>>8124553
no they said they were "restructuring" the team I was gonna join (pic related, they're expanding their compact fusion R&D team from 6 to like 25). I actually got an email from their security operations 3 days after the offer was rescinded saying the DoD accepted my security application
>>
>>8124562
Why you salty bruv?
>>
>>8124552
childish
if you have a problem with my theory argue about it in the thread about my theory and stop shitting up irrelevant discussions.
>>
>>8124568
what theory

4chan isn't your personal blog, fuck off
>>
>>8124564
Don't get disheartened, be positive, remember they were gonna take you so just keep trying to get a similar post there or somewhere else.
>>
>>8124564
>lockheed fusion
Consider yourself lucky not to have your name associated with this farce. Good luck for your future.

http://www.ipp.mpg.de/3787558/cfr?c=14226
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.