[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are two identical objects, i apply 5 newtons of force on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1463884546066.jpg (95KB, 475x428px) Image search: [Google]
1463884546066.jpg
95KB, 475x428px
There are two identical objects, i apply 5 newtons of force on the first and it moves, i do the same to the second object but it doesn't move, the chance of this happening is non-zero, in this hypothetical situation if the cause of the first objects movement is applying the force then what is the effect of the force application on the second object if the two objects are stationary?
>>
Wrote this because saying the force application causes the object to do nothing doesn't make scene to me because it was already doing nothing,
it's like saying the object does nothingx2. These two objects have the same mass.
>>
Or is it the case that 100% of the time two identical objects will react the same if tempered with in the same manner?
>>
help a brainlet out.
>>
My question was more in the lines of if there are two identical objects that in almost all instances move when exactly 5 newtons of force is applied, but something abnormal that has a non-zero probability of occurring occurs, which is that one of the object doesn't move, the two objects are exactly the same.
we're assuming both object are affected exactly the same by friction.
Can this happen or does it brake some universal law?
>>
To be completely honest i actually don't even know what the fuck i'm asking for or if it's even answerable.
>>
>>8106801
maybe troll
but in physics if you define two system differently, they are different
>>
>>8106499
The only way it wouldn't move would be if there was another force, e.g. friction, or a contact force, acting on the object.
>>
First object collided with the second upon application of the 5N force.

Boom.
>>
>>8106499
> identical objects
>behave differently in any way shape or form under identical conditions .
>>
>>8106801
>does it break some universal law
Yes, Newton's second.
>>
>>8106499
If we're using some retarded logic: You pushed the first object and it was moved in front of the second object, now the entire system would require over 5N of force, assuming that both objects require more than 2.5N of force to move individually.
>>
>>8106499
The second object has a wall behind it. The force you apply deforms the object and wall slightly, but it doesn't move. Is the question seriously just "why doesn't it move even though its the same as one that moved"? Thats pretty fucking dumb.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.