[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think that psychopathy is linked with nature or nurture?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Mask-of-sanity-book-cover.jpg (27KB, 222x328px) Image search: [Google]
Mask-of-sanity-book-cover.jpg
27KB, 222x328px
Do you think that psychopathy is linked with nature or nurture?

I do not believe that something so prevalent and well documented over hundreds of years could result from a (nearly even) combination of the two since differences between cultures, standards within individual cultures, quality of life, and parenting styles are always different and constantly changing.
>>
>>8103078
You can have a genetic predisposition to psychopathy, but experiences during development can trigger a break with reality. There are cultural differences, of course. Look up rates of schizophrenia in first and third world countries. Yes its both.
>>
I think it's definitely a combination of things, but nature is definitely a factor. I think our greater capacity for imagination and knowledge over the other animals which is also our curse. The more connections and complex a brain, the more ways it can go wrong. Just the slightest misalignment can lead to all kinds changes.
>>
>>8103078
psychopathy is a myth.
Psychology is not a science.
>>
Every psychopath would claim that.
>>
>>8103799
You're confusing two different things.
>>
>>8103799
psychopathy is mania without delirium. schizophrenia is mania with delirium.

Apples and oranges
>>
>>8103078
Its both
ITS ALWAYS BOTH
STOP ASKING THAT STUPID QUESTION
GENES ARE RECEPTORS THAT ENABLE AND DISABLE BASED ON INTERACTIONS WITH THE ENVIRONMENT IT CAN NEVER BE ANYTHING BUT BOTH
FUCKING STOP
>>
>>8105879
It's not always both. Organic disease can cause psychopathy. psychopathy can cause organic disorders (neuroses). And soical factors can cause psychopathy
>>
>>8105897
without genes you dont have a human to cause psychosis in
without the environment you dont have anything to enable genes in the first place
both are necessary if you want to argue ultimate cause
if you want to argue "what was the tipping point" then maybe you could preferentially say it was the environment which activated the genes the individual already carried, or it was the genes which started the internal change which lead to a different perception of the environment
>>
no one here knows what they're talking about. brain scans, comparing a criminal psychopath with a functioning psychopath show no physiological differences, but it is an individuals upbringing which determines which path you take.

additionally, a psychopath doesn't really exist, it is a collection of symptoms, which not all psychopaths share the same. interestingly, the most common symptoms (lack of empathy) shows no correlation to criminal behaviour, which is the opposite of what is assumed
>>
the nature nuture argument isn't real. you are exposed to your environment from the time you were in the womb. it tells us nothing. it is both, all the time, in every circumstance
>>
>>8103078
psychopathy is genetic. Everyone in my family is callous, deceptive, manipulative, and violent. Nobody except me has managed to make it to 20 without being pregnant or getting someone pregnant. Most of the men are criminals and the women sluts. I myself am honestly a lazy good for nothing subhuman who will amount to nothing
>>
Ignore the other retards in this thread.
Psychopathy is completely caused by nature.
The only thing similar to it is sociopathy and that on the other hand is completely caused by nurture.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.