[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone doing graduate work in chemistry? im starting in the fall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: sweating pepe.jpg (32KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
sweating pepe.jpg
32KB, 480x454px
Anyone doing graduate work in chemistry? im starting in the fall and want to know what im in for.
>>
>>8082020
Pure suffering
>>
>>8082047

ACS 99.999%
>>
>>8082047
This.

If you're a masochist or a Sith Lord, I doubt you will like going into chemistry, unless you were a zealot about it..

But the mind of a chemistry zealot is not common, and I doubt you'd have one.
>>
>>8082047
just fucking kill me. i just got an email that said i have 4 exams to take upon arrival to test my chem knowledge. are they easy or hard?
>>
>>8082063

Easy, don't bother studying.
>>
>>8082060
i dont understand. i like the project ill be joining and I really enjoy learning (hence why im going to school). i think the coursework is really neat too and my PI has told me i can take a few engineering courses if I want. how could this be any less than fun?
>>
I got to be good buddies with my chemistry professor and a lab instructor who is a PhD student. Both have raging erections for chemistry and like with STEM graduate programs expect. They really only went into the work conditions.

>Be a low level instructor on top of your graduate work
>Long ass days, don't expect to go home until it's pitch black outside
>When not teaching you're in a lab or tutoring
>When at home you're still doing work
>Pure suffering

That's the most they would get into but the professor said it was all worth it in the end. I'm in an entirely different department but interested in doing grad work so I like to ask other departments about their experience. So far STEM seems to suck the most dick by far.

>>8082063
As to this from what I heard it's basically an ACS 2.0 just to double check you're not a fluke and can retain information for longer than enough time to pass an exam so easy enough.
>>
Not in grad school, but what should I do if my research mentor is treating me like his bitch? Would you guys suffer through it, talk with him about it, or just try to find a better fit somewhere else? I don't have a problem with work ethic, but the other two professors I've worked with were a lot more human with me.
>>
>>8082101
That's a massively common scenario. It's basically expected across all departments that most professors will treat you like their bitch because that's what you are. Man the fuck up and deal with it because you're no where near their level. Get to grad school and it'll calm down a little.
>>
>>8082020
getting laughed at by physicists, mostly

[don't worry we get laughed at by mathematicians, and yes it does feel bad man]
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.