[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finished undergrad today. I was generally lazy and not very meticulous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_8394.jpg (118KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8394.jpg
118KB, 640x480px
Finished undergrad today. I was generally lazy and not very meticulous about my studies; as a result, I was only able to graduate with a 3.85 and cum laude (despite my last semester pushing my GPA over magna cum laude). I am doing a research-oriented MS before applying dor a PhD to redeem myself. How retarded am I?
>>
>>8080982
Why would a lazy person go for a fucking PhD?

What the actual fuck. Why would you get a PhD if you are not the most dedicated person in your field in the entire universe.

Faggots like you keep telling universities that they have easy money by simply opening more spots than there should be so retards like you come in there, barely hang on for 2 - 3 years while having payments up the ass, and then leaving with no degree at all.

Just go get a job and go on with your life, you are clearly not even the type of person who should go to a university.

I can tell you right now, 50 years ago, you wouldn't have gone to a university. You'd be going to a tech school and smoking crack. AND YOU'D BE HAPPIER THAT WAY.

But you had to swallow the "university prestige" meme that simply says that instead of paying 500 dollars to get your electrician degree, you pay 50000 dollars to get your trans dance folklore studies degree.

Good job.
>>
Other general stupid things I've done: pointlessly took 40 credits more than whay was required for my degree. Also, my semester grades are all over the place. I once literally had multiple (2) A+es and (3) As in the same semester as I had two Bs. My transcript literally makes me look like a genuine autist.
>>
>>8080991

I'm lazy about doing class work. Certain class environments make me not lazy. I'm also not lazy when it comes tobmy research. (Research is why I want to go for a PhD.)

Also, I didn't pay anything for my education.
>>
>>8080991

Also, my specific area of interest is cryptography, security, and theoretical computer science, not folklore trans dance. Sounds interesting, though.
>>
>>8080991

You sound fairly mad. Somebody who can graduate with a 3.85 and cum laude in a technical field without really trying most likely has more than enough potential to excel in a PhD program if he or she applies himself.

Only about 10-15 people in my own graduating class got that sort of distinction.
>>
the ol "i only got a 3.7-3.99 gpa" blowhard one liner. you sound stupid when you say that. i remember hearing that retarded shit among pre-med.
>>
>>8081000
You have A+'s as your school? What is that, like a 4.2? Lucky bastard.
>>
>>8081046
I always thought that was bullshit. A high school friend of mine finished his freshman year with like a 4.2 or something. What bullshit.

>>8081000
>I only got a 3.85
>I took 40 hours more than I needed
>I'm so dumb XD

You are making yourself look way dumber than you actually are by making this thread.
>>
>>8080991
>I can tell you right now, 50 years ago, you wouldn't have gone to a university. You'd be going to a tech school and smoking crack. AND YOU'D BE HAPPIER THAT WAY.
Freebasing cocaine is only attested from 1974
>>
>>8081007
>computer science
That explains everything
>>
>>8081020
If you never applied yourself in college there's no reason to think you'll do any different later on. Especially since life obligations only pile up.

It's probably a waste of everyone's time (and his money) for him to do something that requires dedication like that.
>>
>>8081646

People also mature at different rates. Regardless of how much he applied himself to do so, I'd say anybody who can graduate cum laude (usually top-15-10% of the class) can excel as a PhD student: it's pretty crazy to say otherwise.

My opinion is that OP has the machinery to do well. If he enjoys research as he says and gets his shit together, there's no reason why he can't do well.
>>
>>8081145
/thread
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.