[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the evolutionary explanation that we find the blue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: MarsTransitionV.jpg (918KB, 2606x2626px) Image search: [Google]
MarsTransitionV.jpg
918KB, 2606x2626px
What's the evolutionary explanation that we find the blue marble so beautiful?
Our ancestors never saw Earth from outer space so why do we get that deep unexplainable feeling of happiness when we see it?
Do animals feel the same when they see Earth from outer space?
>>
>>8080526

did you consider that maybe you are autistic and nobody else feels like this
>>
>>8080526

>why are homo-sapiens attracted to water and vegetation
>>
>>8080526
These colors are false colors. You knew it.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/life-unbounded/the-moon-is-not-black-and-white-it-just-looks-that-way/ (last picture)
>>
>>8080584
What a retarded article.

>the moon's not black and white it's gray

No shit!
>>
>>8080526
I'm gonna have to go with
>you're a retard
>>
>>8080526
Green:Vegetation,Plants,Here be water
Blue:Here be more Water,here be nice weather

Are you retarded?
>>
>>8080526
Because our eyes are designed to find blue and green striking and it's obvious why a planet with a mix of striking colors is more beautiful than a bunch of worlds that are just a single color.

Looking deeper, you could also argue that Earth in partiuclar inspires emotions because it is so much more complex than other worlds and involve everything that any individual human cares about. They therefore value views of the Earth more in the same way people value paintings with deem symbolism more.
>>
File: CNSA_lunar_surface.jpg (73KB, 606x410px) Image search: [Google]
CNSA_lunar_surface.jpg
73KB, 606x410px
China released true color HD photos of the Moon
>>
why does this look so fake
>>
>>8080573
I do, and I think OP is right
>>
>>8080963
That's actually kind of terrifying with it dropping off into space so suddenly.
>>
>>8080584
How is it possible to think the moon is black and white? Literally every photo ever clearly shows it's gray. If you look up in the sky it's clearly gray. Only cartoon illustrations show a white moon. Do people think the entire surface of the moon is made of gypsum?
>>
>>8080578
>being this much of an dweeby i fucking love science fag
>>
Okay but what about this deep inexplicable feeling of desire, fascination and feeling small and lost and at the same time happy when you look up the stars?
>>
File: image.jpg (371KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
371KB, 1920x1080px
>>8080981
Because it is

Looking at the earth from space you'll see pic related
>>
>>8080526
Because we know what it's home to and we know that places like the moon and Mars are lifeless wastelands with nothing interesting going on unless your a geologist and even then the earth is infinitely more interesting for that
>>
>>8082478
At least put some effort into it.
>>
>>8082455
>wanting an autismal evolutionary explanation what is ineffable and irreducible

Fuck off with this science worship bullshit
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.