[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many generations does it take for unique genes from an ancestor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: geng.jpg (88KB, 600x396px) Image search: [Google]
geng.jpg
88KB, 600x396px
How many generations does it take for unique genes from an ancestor like Genghis Khan, to be overwritten or diluted to the point of non-existence?

Is something like that possible, or will there always be a little bit of Genghis Khan in the human race?
>>
>>8075092
impossible due to mitochondrial DNA
>>
>>8075116
What part of it is impossible?
>>
>>8075125
mitochondrial DNA stays the same
>>
>>8075092
Impossible to pinpoint an exact number of generations.

My guess is that it is dependent on external factors such as the female that Khan's offspring mated with; External Mongol characteristics could become severely "diluted" over a few generations if his offspring mated with non-Mongolian women, as in, any kind of woman with different characteristics than him. That said, there might still be remnants that can be traced back to Khan's lineage, but that doesn't mean that those who share them will be anything like Genghis Khan functionally.

>>8075116
wat
>>
>>8075127
There always the possibility of mutations so the DNA isn't going to always stay the same. Also Isn't mitochondrial DNA inherited from the mother?
>>
>>8075138
it'll be a very very very very very long time before the mDNA changes so much that it becomes completely different. In theory if you only have a son, the mDNA will change in your grand son's DNA but the mDNA will have stayed the same or at least recognizable in your daughter-in-law's family for a very very long time
>>
File: 1463255521547.jpg (26KB, 700x446px) Image search: [Google]
1463255521547.jpg
26KB, 700x446px
>>8075092
>will there always be a little bit of Genghis Khan in the human race

Plainly, it still exists at some level, because

I get a little bit Genghis Khan
Don't want you to get it on
With no one else but me
(Ooh)
No one else but me
>>
>>8075127
But mitochondrial dna comes from the mother!
>>
>>8075242
yes! the mother's mDNA and all of the mothers in her family line will be preserved
>>
>>8075247
Are you trolling? His point is that Genghis Khan's mtDNA cannot be spread like his genes can, because he can't pass it on his offspring, only mothers can.
>>
>>8075255
anon is using genghis khan as an example
i'm saying that it's nearly impossible as females exist in this world and can spread their mDNA which can be traced back very very far-- maybe to a single point
>>
File: 1462925866865.jpg (111KB, 392x487px) Image search: [Google]
1462925866865.jpg
111KB, 392x487px
>>8075263
>anon is using genghis khan as an example

Anon is taking bong hits while listening to Miike Snow, and trolling /sci/...
>>
I recall reading that after about 6 generations you've on average completely lost all genes from at least 1 of your 64 ancestors.
>>
>>8075238
Kek that song's been on rotation for like a week over here.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.