[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Philosophy, religion, spiritual bullshit is more important

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: sad.gif (2MB, 345x386px) Image search: [Google]
sad.gif
2MB, 345x386px
>Philosophy, religion, spiritual bullshit is more important than science because it explains why, rather than how something happens

>If you put all of your "Faith" in science rather than faith, philosophy, spiritual bullshit you are being ignorant and closed minded

How does it feel knowing this is what the average person believes?
>>
You should spend less time worrying about what other people think.
>>
>>8064575
>>8064575
>>8064575
>>8064575
stone told
>>
>>8064553
Thinking that science is better than religion and spirituality is literally a philosophical stance though.
>>
Disapointed in our education system.
Damn south!
>>
>>8064794
Because everythign is a philosophical stance. That doesn´t mean reading hegel makes you better at arguing your position.
>>
>>8064575
Except for the fact that those are the same people who elect officials who make policies which can directly effect your life and the way society evolves. So in the short term it may be EASIER to ignore what others think, but when it comes to a majority mindset it can shape the future of society.
>>
Why do you put philosophy with the other two?
>>
>>8064864
Retards who think Aristotles teaching or whatever philosophy is worth shit in a practical sense in comparison to hard evidence. As if studying philosophy puts you on the same league as someone who understands electronics or physics.
>>
>>8064884
Same league at what?
>>
>>8064553
You sound like the tipping hat man
>>
>>8064884
People who truly look up to Aristotle would probably be better empiricists than you. You probably should have picked a different philosopher. I do not advocate philosophical study over scientific, however I think scientific study should not keep you from philosophical.
>>
>>8064553
There's literally nothing wrong with the green text. Stop being autistic.
>>
>>8064910
>Aristotle
> empiricists
you wat?
>>
>>8064553
>faith
>belief

You don't need to have faith in or believe in the truth. You only need to have faith in and believe in lies.
>>
>>8064553
come back in 4 years after you get your college degree
>>
>>8065228
I'm the guy you responded to. Aristotle was one of the bigger proponents of empirical evidence as opposed to the accepted theory of "forms" that was popular throughout greece at the time. This is known to be a point of contention between plato and aristotle.
>>
File: 2.png (2KB, 258x219px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
2KB, 258x219px
While Philosophy has a subsection of study that concerns religion, it's a false equivalency to state Philosophy is akin to religion or promotes irrational thinking.

Philosophy is about Epistemology, and Epistemology is about Logic, Induction and Deduction.
It's about questioning presumptions and weeding things not, not adding in random nonsense.

Believing Philosophy to be "whatever you want it to be" is a common misconception.
It's a discipline that required deep research into fallacies, biases and understanding the different between "knowledge" and "belief".

The reason why people with Science Degrees get a PhD is because it stands for Diploma of Philosophy [in said field].
This is because Science falls under the category of the Philosophy of Science which follows sets of Philosophical Foundations, such as coherency, consistency, sequential logic, deductive reality and reproducibility.
Without these, there is no Science.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.