[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are non stem majors paid too much in america? I feel like there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (805KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
805KB, 1136x640px
Are non stem majors paid too much in america? I feel like there are jobs americans make 10x to 20x the pay that the eqivalent worker in another country would make. For shit like working a xerox machine. Should most americans be bitchslapped?
>>
A person's pay is dictated by labor supply. Generally a company will pay their employees the minimum amount possible where they'll be able to maintain an employee who can do the job.

It just so happens that the amount required to keep an unskilled laborer is higher in a wealthy nation like America compared to a poor nation.

If you want to whine about somebody being paid too much, you should be more concerned about the CEOs and chairmen who basically just sit in an office all day and make more money in 10 minutes than you will make in your entire life
>>
>>8062865
>10 min
> entire life
Thats a bit of an exaggeration
Ppl earn more than 1000 dollars in their lives. At least in america
>>
>>8062847
The ugly truth demonstrated by the 2008 financial implosion in the 2008 is that the value generated by work was much less than expected and in many cases less then the salaries.

In the dive to the bottom with Indian level salaries you should prepare for national neo poverty.
>>
>>8062847
Couldn't agree more. I don't understand why the vanilla office worker's salaries haven't tanked despite there being a large oversupply.

I suspect it's because HR is vanilla office workers so they keep their value artificially high.
>>
>>8064127
>vanilla office worker's salaries
These will tank, brutally. They will be replaced with bots. Soon. Perhaps too soon for society to handle the impact of a few million vanilla office workers being made redundant overnight.

The start of my career was rough but I am appreciating more and more that I studied Physics.
>>
>>8062847
Man, don't mess with the salary of everyday 9 to 5 workers. Be happy that you live in a nation where the economy allows such salaries to exist.

By the way, there is a reason that private secretaries are nicer than public secretaries.

Hint: ONE OF THEM GETS PAID MORE
>>
>>8062847
>Are non stem majors paid too much

Retard, pay is determined by supply and demand, like anything else. There is no authority that assigns your salary based on what you studied in school.
>>
>>8062847
Then there are the non-corporate farmers who get shit on by everyone else including the very subsidies lobbied "for the farmer" by the chemical/seed companies.

How much are you willing to pay someone else to grow healthy food to put in your mouth and the mouths of your family?

Unfortunately, the quality of the product or services, nor the absolute need for it, does not dictate the price of said product or services. Much the same goes for every other product and services including STEM.
>>
>>8064261
>the quality of the product or services, nor the absolute need for it, does not dictate the price of said product or services.
FAIL
>>
Protip: the same comment applies to stem.
>>
>>8062847
>Are non stem majors paid too much in america? I feel like there are jobs americans make 10x to 20x the pay that the eqivalent worker in another country would make. For shit like working a xerox machine. Should most americans be bitchslapped?

Try lowering your workers wages. See where that gets you.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.