[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We could devolve back into monkeys if we tried or evolution is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: gorille.jpg (56KB, 500x425px) Image search: [Google]
gorille.jpg
56KB, 500x425px
We could devolve back into monkeys if we tried or evolution is an one way street?
>>
>>8059073
technically that is an ape
>>
>>8059078
Apes are a special case of monkeys.
>>
>>8059073
>Devolve
Learn what evolution is before shit posting about it on /sci/
Short answer: technically, I guess.
Long answer is that we can technically a tempt to fuck up our genetics intentionally so we get a fucked up baby but that's illigal and stupid anyways.
Longer answer: http://www.nature.com/scitable/topicpage/genetic-inequality-human-genetic-engineering-768
>>
Better question

If life originated in outer space then could we devolve into aliens?
>>
>>8059084
Humans are apes anon.
>>
>>8059073
why would we want to
>>
>>8059073

we cannot 'devolve', we can only evolve further;

the idea that we may genetically engineer a human/humans to slowly gain traits typical of a monkey is plausible... but it's not devolution, it's just normal evolution.
>>
>>8059416
I think that would be basically the same as devolving into apes/=
>>
>>8059762
to see if it's possible?
>>
>>8059073
Not 'devolving'.

In terms of 'going back', since we are different species, technically no, we can't just 'go back' to the ancestral form we shared with other apes and have the barriers between the different species erased, meaning reproductive barriers, for example.

In terms of developing the exact same traits we attribute to apes... Evolution could indeed take us to a scenario where we develop traits we once had and then lose, for as long as it increases our fitness, but having the exact same set of traits repeat is unlikely.

In both cases the answer it's 'next to no chance', because 'where' we go from here depends on too many factors, like environment, mutations, sexual selection, etc. Now, if we get into genetic manipulation, you can possibly eliminate many of those variables, so sure why not.
>>
>>8059073
niggers
>>
Are we not men?
>>
>>8059722
We evolved beyond being apes.
>>
>devolve
No such thing lol.
>>
>>8059073
>We could devolve back into monkeys if we tried or evolution is an one way street?

>Insert fifty pages of shitposting

It's a one-way street Anon. This is part of why Hitlers ridiculous project was ridiculous - he wanted the German people to evolve /back/ into the lost aryan Master Race, because not only was he a cunt, he was a cunt who was bad at science.
>>
>devolve
how would you devolve? explain
>>
I suppose if we only let the stupidest and hairiest breed for a few million years we could have some kind of ape offshoot or something.
>>
File: swoleassnigga.jpg (86KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
swoleassnigga.jpg
86KB, 640x480px
>>8059073
>all these people not realizing that humans didn't evolve from apes
>all of these people not knowing that humans and apes SHARE A COMMON ANCESTOR
>>
Silly
>>
>>8061036
>that pleb who doesn't know that our common ancestor was taxonomically an ape and thus we did evolve from apes
>>
>>8059073
It is technically possible to do but to control evolution in such an exact way is near impossible. Also devolving from evolution makes no sense.
>>
>>8059073
It's not a "street" in any sense. There is no forward and no backward, just different degrees of adaptation to available niches. Intelligence makes niches for you where none where before, but the jury is still out on how sustainable it is in the long run.
>>
>>8059073
Yes. Barring clusters of genes that are dependent on each other, and would eventually become fairly conserved. It's possible there are no mechanical barriers to a slow return to being an ape.

The biggest issue I can think of is our loss of neu5gc synthesis, along with duplication of a few genes that lead to denser CNS and longer axon length. The limiting factors are cranial size at birth relative to hip size of the mother.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.