[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /sci/. There's a local math olympiad tomorrow which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Team_USA-math_olympiad_2015.jpg (100KB, 787x481px) Image search: [Google]
Team_USA-math_olympiad_2015.jpg
100KB, 787x481px
Hello /sci/.
There's a local math olympiad tomorrow which I'm taking, and I'm super nervous. Any advice?
>>
Stay hydrated and get a lot of sleep.
>>
>>8056983
>Be me back in highschool
>Did not give a shit about math
>Was having sex constantly
>Took the virginities of various girls way younger than me, like a 3 year difference
>Playing videogames up to 3 AM
>A lot of the times went to school without sleep and would sleep in class
>Heard about math olympiads and the asian kids going all autist on the problem sets for the admission 24/7
>topkek
>While those autists gave themselves a schedule to get better at shitty highschool algebra and geometry I learned linear algebra, all of calculus up to double integrals and axiomatized euclidean geometry on my own by simply reading a couple of pages per week.
>because of my 'free' nature of study in comparison to their autistic rigid schedule I not only had time to learn math that was much more complex to come in the paralympics for autists known as math olympiads, but as I said, I also had time to fuck, go to parties and play videogames.

Good times.

>graduate highschool
>get accepted to the best university for mathematics in the country
>half of the class are autists who were perfect highschool students for math while my record was filled with Cs
>we all start at the same pace
>by the end of the first semester I was already the only perfect A student, while most of the autists had Cs in all classes except for calculus
>this trend continues
>Now 3rd semester, half of the people have dropped out

top fucking kek.

Get out of that dick measuring contest and start playing an mmo, go out, and fuck some teen pussy.

I can only feel sad for retards like you. Good luck managing life after nobody cares about your little participation prizes, autist.
>>
>>8057021
>best university for Maths
>mostly Cs
Roleplay elsewhere buddy
>>
>>8057021
>>Did not give a shit about math
>While those autists gave themselves a schedule to get better at shitty highschool algebra and geometry I learned linear algebra, all of calculus up to double integrals and axiomatized euclidean geometry on my own by simply reading a couple of pages per week.

What the actual fuck are you on about?
>>
>>8057022
First, I'm not talking like Harvard but it is still more than decent.

Plus, they did not take into account just my math grades from highschool, it was my final grade, which was always B because easy classes like grammar, literature, and physics always gave me free As.

>What the actual fuck are you on about?

I should have specified, I did not a give shit about math class.

I self studied math out of genuine passion and interest.
>>
>>8057025
You do realize that Olympiad problems and routine high school math are light years apart? There are prolific number theorists who haven't been able to solve problems proposed at the IMO.
I'm not saying that having sex, going to parties and being good at math are mutually exclusive, but you on the other hand sound like a fucking retard.
>>
>>8056983
I bet that smug asian carried all his team.
>>
>tfw went to school with a member of the UK's International Olympiad Team
>tfw my ego never recovered

i hate those stupid olympiads now
>>
>>8057025
>Top university
>"N-nah guys, not like Harvard or a top university, but above average"
You sound like you are living a lie anon.
Probably worth having a hard think about what you want from life anon, no one will care about the sex in a decades time, and they will still be far less interested by your community college degree.
>>
Talk about Machine learning and exotic particles and fusion reactors
>>
>>8057039
Of course he did. You can tell he is so far above their level, he wouldn't even keep them as pets.
>>
>>8057337
Almost guarantee he would have prefered to go alone, just was forced to carry the dead weight of those tards...
>>
>>8056983
Just be yourself.
>>
Clearly, this is easy shit right here.
>>
>>8056983
Remember that it doesn't matter what anyone else can do. They're already dealing with that problem. The only thing you can do is deal with what you can do.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.