[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General Energy Thread Is there any way to generate energy under

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

General Energy Thread

Is there any way to generate energy under these circumstances?

-Below 100 meters (328 feet) under ground
-No use of underground waterways
-No use of Geothermal pipes
-No wind or sunlight access
-Unlimited cost

Imagine everything must be contained in lets say a concrete box...

If not, lead me in the right direction, I am exploring thermoelectric plates currently.

Any Ideas?
>>
Thermoelectric sounds good.. I don't know if you can due to the temperature variance though, not enough... What wattage are you looking to get down there OP
>>
>>8051098
Whatever may be possible, and I do believe this is a limitation factor, I just need starting ideas...
>>
>-Unlimited cost

Go nuclear bby.
>>
>>8051109
This would be a good idea, but could this last for hundreds of years or have the capacity of fuel to last hundreds of years?

How much physical fuel would I need to store down there to last a couple hundred years?
>>
File: 450px-Cutdrawing_of_an_GPHS-RTG.jpg (38KB, 450x313px) Image search: [Google]
450px-Cutdrawing_of_an_GPHS-RTG.jpg
38KB, 450x313px
Radioisotope thermoelectric generator
>>
>>8051083

Just use 100% pure white power, remember, no minorities allowed.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1242x2208px
>>8051128
Nice idea, really nice actualy, the only issue is the fuel for this is literally impossible to find, it has to be man made. Last time this happened was in the 1980's before they banned it. Even nasa doesn't have enough...

Never mind the fact that it's probably highly illegal
>>
Radioisotope generators.
>>
>>8051083
>> thermoelectric
That's geothermal. Where are you getting heat from and where are you rejecting it to?
>>8051308
Curiousity uses one, they aren't banned it's just that we're low on plutonium.

>>8051127
How much power do you need for said hundred years?
>>
>>8051313
OP here, I know they are not banned but for a US citizen to get hands on such radioactive material would most likely be out of the picture. Thermo electric is off the table due to the lack of temperature difference... Originally these would be imbedded in concrete and copper heat pipes would travel a few feet higher... Lastly, I would say "data center" wattage. Hundreds of thousands of watts. Remember this has no cost and is purely for research and concept. Although your radioisotope generators only produce less than 500 watts, they are the best option and most probable... The could be lets say, scaled in an array, generating massive amounts of electricity.
>>
Fusion / Fission?
>>
File: w-radio-flashlight-windup16975.jpg (60KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
w-radio-flashlight-windup16975.jpg
60KB, 1000x1000px
This
>>
>>8051331

Ah fuck no. You need a nuclear reactor at that point. Making a nuclear reactor that can run for hundreds of years will be very difficult. The materials will fail from neutrons and you need some way to refuel. Putting in all fuel at once will make it burn too fast, so you'll have to replace old fuel with new fuel.
>>
>>8051083
>Is there any way to generate energy under these circumstances?
Maybe chemical fuel cells?
If you can keep your power demand low, a large tank of fuel and oxidizer should be able to last a very long time.

>>8051127
>last a couple hundred years
What on earth for? Even if you had access to enough energy for that, it's unlikely your generator would last that long without vast amounts of maintenance.
Hell, what would you EAT?

What's the context to this question?
>>
>>8051735
Artificial Intelegence
>>
>>8051735
Artificial Intelegence
>>
While I was in Australia...

The land of Mossad & Illuminatis.

I found out the -secret- method they have for generating electricity out of nothing...

It involves titanium rods, heavy water tank & some positive pressure in the tank room.

Since that evening.. my house been under constant raids by Australian Federal Police and angry Illuminatis.

And the torturing sessions... oh my... sharp things were entering my buff.... people spitting on me... beating me up with dead animals.. people wanking and their sperm is covering my face... celebrities throwing insults then spittin on me.

Holy.... shit..... what a nasty people they are.

but at least I got the Anti Christ identity. Juhayman. Or Mohammed Bin Sultan Alqassimi.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.
>>
>>8051128
The energy output of these generators is quite low, if I remember correctly. It's not necessary to use plutonium, you can use some other radioactive materials. I think Soviets used 90Sr in their lighthouses.
I am pretty sure you can find something available.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.