[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is autism an inherently genetic disorder or can it be aquired

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1458582537096.jpg (56KB, 899x599px) Image search: [Google]
1458582537096.jpg
56KB, 899x599px
Is autism an inherently genetic disorder or can it be aquired trough one's lifetime?
>>
genetic

you aren't autistic anon if you were you wouldn't have the social grace to ask
>>
Probably mostly genetic. Some studies have some correlation with outside factors like early childhood and upbringing, but nothing is conclusive. It defiantly can't develop later in life.
>>
if it's genetic than how did it start?
>>
>>8048717
>you aren't autistic anon if you were you wouldn't have the social grace to ask
Then why is it a new trend to diagnose people on the spectrum? It really fucks people up and brings out insecurities.
>>
It's caused by vaccines and GMOs, duh. Everyone knows that.
>>
>>8048765
If someone has a condition that can sometimes be treated with meds and therapy that can make someone more productive and happier, then it's good to diagnose that condition.
>>
>>8048748
genetic mutation
>>
>>8048771
why don't we just skip the diagnosis?
>>
>>8048765
there is a lot of money to be made in drug sales
>>
>>8048845
Apply that same logic to any disease or disability and you should realize how stupid you sound.
> why diagnose cancer? Why don't you just treat it?
> why diagnose adhd? Why not just treat it?
>>
>>8048969
you're missing the point. if i want to be happy i should be able to take something for that with or without a diagnosis, no?
>>
>>8049001
you are, you're also able to jump off a bridge and kill yourself
you can do anything you want, that doesn't mean it isn't retarded
>>
>>8049008
you sound like you had a bad day
>>
>>8049008
Without a diagnosis, there's no way to know what will help you.
>>
>>8048637
Autism isn't a disorder, you cisgender white male shitlord. Stop with the hate speech.
>>
>>8049048

Well, it is quite badly defined. By itself, autism does not cause anything, most of the problems are in social interaction
>>
>>8048637
Its developmental with a genetic component
>>
>>8048637
MMR
>>
It's a bit of both. Exposure to vaccines in youth coupled with exposure to childrens cartoons such as anime or My Little Pony in adolescence can cause latent autism to manifest.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.