[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://jewishbusinessnews.com/2016/ 05/01/13-year-old-israel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

http://jewishbusinessnews.com/2016/05/01/13-year-old-israeli-girl-develops-oxygen-creating-satellite-in-space/
What you college loan paid until now?
>>
File: confused-man1.jpg (327KB, 851x564px) Image search: [Google]
confused-man1.jpg
327KB, 851x564px
>jewishbusinessnews
>>
>>8048340
>13-year-old-israeli-girl-develops-oxygen-creating-satellite-in-space/

I am sure she developed it in her room, not in space.

Fucking jews, learn to fucking construct a coherent sentence.
>>
File: 1367185313192.jpg (113KB, 665x632px) Image search: [Google]
1367185313192.jpg
113KB, 665x632px
>jewishbusinessnews
>>
>algae suspended in a mirror
sooo... literally what everyone proposing hydroponics in space has thought for decades?
>>
>>8048340
Wow, that is a fancy looking dildo :^)
>>
>>8048447
THE GOYIM KNOW SHUT IT DOWN
>>
>>8048340
>>8048447

Is she trying to cook the algae using a parabolic mirror? Sounds really stupid.

wtf is going on?
>>
>>8048447
a kids doing it so its breaking front page news pham
>>
>>8048340
>What you college loan paid until now?
It created an autonomous entity able to shitpost on /sci/
>>
>>8048447
>proposing

See here's the thing- there's a difference between proposing, and doing.
>>
>>8048970
>There will be additional mirrors inside the satellite that will enable sunlight to reach the capsule, but not by direct radiation, which would harm the algae.
>>
>>8048340
>The magazine interviewed Roni Oron, who recently won a “Satellite Is Born” award from the Israel Space Agency in a competition for teenagers ages 12-15. The contest required the teens to build a model for a satellite that could change the face of today’s research and humanity.

It's fucking nothing.
>>
File: Parabola_with_focus.png (39KB, 909x627px) Image search: [Google]
Parabola_with_focus.png
39KB, 909x627px
>>8049007
parabolic mirrors dude
>>
>>8048996
she did nothing, she PROPOSED it by building a model
>>
>>8049074
it's right there dude, put an arduino in it and algae and you're good to go
>>
>>8048996
>what is esa's melissa project?
>>
>>8049083
>put an arduino in it and algae and you're good to go
No.
I don't think you understand how any of this works.
>>
>>8049128
>he fell for obvious bait
>>
>>8049007
When you reflect light using a mirror it should be trivially obvious that the radiation will travel with it.

>>8049063
Unless this parabolic mirror has a film that filters harmful radiation, nothing useful happens.

And yeah, that other guy is right. The parabolic mirror will probably cook the algae.
>>
IF WE PUT PLANTS IN SPACE WITH US, THEY'LL TAKE AWAY THE CARBON DIOXIDE AND GIVE US OXYGEN

congrats, I'm pretty sure everyone on this board has thought of this at some point from the ages 9 to 14.
There are a lot of really fucking smart people who've been working towards doing just that for decades, and it's a lot harder than it sounds.
BTFO little israeli girl. you're just another future /sci/ goer.
>>
>>8049242
>congrats, I'm pretty sure everyone on this board has thought of this at some point from the ages 9 to 14.
Just because the overarching idea is obvious doesn't mean that the details aren't interesting. We currently know very little about how different elements of a space environment affect plant life and growth. It's definitely a legitimate area of study.
>>
>>8049249
>not reading the next line
Yeah, it is incredibly interesting, and important.
I'm criticizing jewishbusinessnews, not the area of study.
>>
>>8049252
Okay, fair enough. I wasn't trying to contradict you.

I suspect jewishbusinessnews might just be an Israeli equivalent to things like The Daily Mail - celebrity shit and popular rubbish that no-one takes seriously: Look at the other articles on the site.

I guess I'm just a little disappointed. A program that gave teenagers an opportunity to play with real challenges in satellite design - even if they don't go in-depth- would be a really great thing. Space shit is inherently interesting to people, and this would encourage learning in a whole bunch of subjects. But instead it sounds all they've done is get kids to tape bits of cardboard together.
>>
>>8048340
>makes a very limited amount of oxygen
>for a very limited amount of time
>anly when there's is plenty of light
Yeah, this totally get's us a breathing atmosphere on Mars
>>
File: 1454453040014.png (98KB, 502x410px) Image search: [Google]
1454453040014.png
98KB, 502x410px
>>8048447
>>
>>8048340
>jewishbusinessnews

Kek
>>
>>8048340
>tfw I did this exact same thing 30+ years ago for a 8th grade science fair project

Mine was green pond algae in a mason jar with 1 reflector made from aluminum foil glued to cardboard. I found that it actually needed a cooling system because just one reflector was enough to make the water extremely warm to the touch and kill everything inside it. I'd imagine that in space you'd need some sort of good cooling system to deal with all the waste heat.

>i got a B minus for the project because another kid picked up the jar and broke it by accident before the teacher listened to my presentation

Thus, the space program was setback by over 30 years.
>>
>>8050000
kek
>>
when i simply heat something with my magnifying glasses on clear weather, it burn. I'm sorry, but her statellite will boil -or explode
>>
>>8048340
There si a bit more to this than is shown in the picture. Article:
>There will be additional mirrors inside the satellite that will enable sunlight to reach the capsule, but not by direct radiation, which would harm the algae.

Problem now is a lot of heat entering the algae strip and little area to radiate out the excess heat. One might instead have covered the same area as the mirrors with just a pressurized flat sheet with a thin algae film.

You need to filter away the UV and IR. If you use chlorophyll only you might want to filter away the green light too, unless you sandwich this with another sheet with rhodopsin based photosynthetic algae. Even so you risk a lot of buildup of excess heat.
>>
>which will be made of a membrane through which air can pass but water cannot

how's this going to work? air molecules are larger than water molecules
>>
>>8050648
Sure. This is well known from nature. The membrane in plain eggs allow air in but prevents the egg from drying out.
>>
>>8050792
>but prevents the egg from drying out.

No, they do dry out. That is why you must keep the humidity very high when you are incubating them.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.