[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help me /sci/ I'm approaching the end of my last year of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: e6YcE5L.jpg (70KB, 393x325px) Image search: [Google]
e6YcE5L.jpg
70KB, 393x325px
help me /sci/
I'm approaching the end of my last year of
highschool and I have no idea what to do after this when I reach community college
it feels like everything is pushed towards the STEM fields, but I already fucked myself over in that regard
I'm not good at anything in particular and I have zero hobbies, but worst of all I'm pretty sure I'm a dumbass.
my attendance in school has always been really mediocre which really ruined my foundation for a lot of the math courses I took.

here's a small outline of my highschool academic career in math

>freshman year
>taking algebra 1
>fail the class because I never showed up and didn't do any of the work
>take the algebra 1 new york state regents anyway just for fun
>pass with a 76
>sophomore year comes
>have to retake algebra 1 that year while all my peers take geometry
>pass algebra 1
>junior year arrives
>i take geometry while everyone else is in algebra 2 and trig
>miss class a lot again, but pass geometry anyway and the regents test for it pretty easily
>senior year now
>all my classmates are taking pre calc or calc
>im in algebra 2 trig, but it's being taught common core style
>the geometry and algebra I learned was all taught pre common core
>never show up to the class

now here I am with an extremely shoddy math foundation and no actual hobbies besides browsing 4chan

how fucked am I for community college? what do I study if I don't enjoy anything and I'm horrible at math?

pls help
>>
1. Read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outline_of_academic_disciplines
2. Read popular books on the field you chosen
3. Find a hobby besides the Internet
4. Write down your goals and their motivation
>>
>>8036725
>what do I study if I don't enjoy anything and I'm horrible at math?

Either go to a trade school or do something academic that is interesting but doesn't need math.
>>
>>8036869
I wish people took good advice. OP is prolly looking for a golden bullet to save his towers from the plane he hijacked.
>>
>>8036725
Why the fuck are you never showing up for class? Are you ever going to start caring about your life? Because the rest of us are content to see you fucking work and die at walmart for your entire life if you aren't going to put any effort into anything
>>
Dont worry, i started mac1033 in college (baby algebra, your algebra 1) and im taking differential equations and calc 3 this summer.

You need to want it. You want that high GPA and that A in the course. You have to want to earn it yourself. You need that feeling of desire and it only comes from you. If you dont want it, then you wont feel fulfilled.

One piece of advice, be social the first day of class and ask how everyone is. Get to know the people you sit with and make friends. Sitting alone not knowing anybody can cause anxiety that builds up.
>>
>>8036725
>what do I study if I don't enjoy anything
You know it's actually better if you don't enjoy anything. Once you get passionate at a field of study, reality hits you hard with LOL NO JOBS. Study what will you give you a secure career path that doesn't include math.
>>
>suck at maths

You'll fit right in with the CS spergs
>>
>>8036725

This is more of an /adv/ thread since your question doesn't have much to do with science, since you aren't in a position to immediately leap to science, but I'll post anyways.

Look, you need to bite the bullet and show up for class if you want to succeed. You also have to stop telling yourself that "you don't enjoy anything." Just take the general education classes, absorb all of the boring, gay material, and see if any of the subjects are less boring and gay than the other ones, and try taking more classes in that field.
>>
>>8037464
This

General ed classea are fucking gay. Thank god for turning me into,chemistry early. The day i read the intro chapter of my chem book in HS i immediately knew what i wanted to do
>>
>>8037100
When will this stupid meme fucking end
>>
>>8036725
>how fucked am I for community college?
It doesn't matter what you study. You will fail if you don't go to class. Study whatever, but actually go.
>>
there's a good chance your community college has algebra 1&2 and trigonometry
also, khan academy is good for idiots who skipped HS math
>>
>>8036725
The majority of people at CC will be taking math classes below college algebra.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.