[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /sci/. Medfag here. I want to do research, and I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Neuroscience-Trigger-Map.jpg (220KB, 1840x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Neuroscience-Trigger-Map.jpg
220KB, 1840x1032px
Sup /sci/.
Medfag here. I want to do research, and I've become more and more interested in neuroscience. I'm interested in things like "does the brain use more glucose when concentrating" (it probably doesn't), how memories are formed, and the interaction between neuroscience and psychology. I'm also interested in computational methods.
What specific neuroscience field seems fitting to go into?
>>
Oh dear, I also want to become a neurologist to do research. That said I was considering neuropsychology, but I'd be equally happy without specializing. Also, the brain pretty much uses static levels of glucose, about 21% of the body's metabolic reactions can be attributed to the brain, no matter how hard you may be thinking.
>>
bbamp
>>
>>8036360

We have some neuroscience guys and some medicine guys on the /sci/ discord chat, you may be interested.
https://discord.gg/0lqbvcXEubKq3Qtn
>>
>>8036360
>>8036372
Last years Nobel prize in medicine is likely to increase the interest in this field. A lot.
>>
>>8036360
Speaking of the brain, I need to study for 12+ hours per day until half of June. I was thinking of taking modafinil but I can't take it since I'm on 20mg isotretinoin/day and my doctor won't give me a prescription. I have a really high caffeine tolerance since I've been an addict for years.

So I was thinking of getting L-theanine and Caffeine pills and taking them until then, Does it actually work or is it just a meme?
>>
>>8036360
Neuroscience, from what I have read, is not a very specifically rigorous or helpful scientific field. In particular, because it is new and concentrates in problems like schizophrenia, autism, and Alzheimer's. Such "disorders" are deductions or the result of individuals who are disorienting other individual inductions in interactions such as war or interpersonal disputes or economic or financial transactions. You are better off studying Chemistry or the more hard as in quantitative and Physics based understanding of Biology. Chemistry and Biology are applicable to medicine and topical drugs like ibuprofen or caffeine. So I do think that with reference to your sugar problem the study of metabolism would be more appropriate - either using tools of Chemistry or Biology.
>>
>>8038975
Dude just buy an energy drink and take a nap in the middle of the day. Concentration pills are fucking meme.
>>
>>8038982
>neuroscience not rigorous
>entirely clinical

Read more
>>
>>8038982
What a fucking pleb
Keep your uninformed opinion to yourself, faggot
>>
>>8038982
I wonder where this idea of neuroscience not being "rigorous" came from. Is there some article or something? Or just /sci/ word of mouth without knowing anything about it? Or just someone doing crappy research and being bitter about it? Which is it?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.