[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scientists, If I work out a lot, and have lots of excess fat,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (33KB, 450x323px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 450x323px
Scientists,

If I work out a lot, and have lots of excess fat, will my body automatically take the fat already existing on my body to make muscles? Or will I have to take in a lot of carba still?
>>
>>8023320
This is a /fit/ thread topic

Fat first to go, but if you don't get enough carbs your body will not make muscle gains
>>
Muscles are made of protein.
Fat is made of fat.
You can't convert fat into protein.
Working out burns your muscles as well.
>>
>>8023320
What doggo is that
>>
If you have adequate protein and carbohydrate intake, you can lose fat and gain muscle even on a caloric deficit as a beginner.

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/103/3/738

Carbohydrates are necessary both for energy during exercise (glycogen) and muscle building (aerobic glycolysis)
>>
>>8023448
Chow Chow I think.
>>
Working out will simultaneously burn fat and build muscle, but the two are not directly related to each other. They just both happen as a result of the same activity.
>>
>>8023327
>implying /fit/ isn't a bunch of arrogant tools
>>
>>8023448
ugly af and a poser is what kind of doggo it is
>>
>>8023544
>>8023474
These.

Although the two tissues do exist in some equilibrium in the sense that increased muscle mass signals the body to use stored energy for protein synthesis. When you're lifting weights, you're using glycogen as energy and not fat. But once you've stimulated myogenesis, your body will have a harder time storing dietary energy as fat since your maintenance caloric value will be higher, and the more immediate needs of the body are to repair damaged muscle tissue instead of storing fat. Certain adipose tissues are hormone sensitive in the body, meaning the lipase enzymes which metabolize them are recruited by hormone signalling. Myogenesis releases hormones into your body, growth factors, which fulfill this mechanism and trigger the usage of stored fat energy.

If you're really fat and want to lose weight, the best thing you can do is low-intensity cardio for 60-90 minutes, eating a lot of nutrient dense (not energy dense) foods, and lifting weights to build muscle and help your body use more energy in muscle formation. Avoid carbs as much as possible and stick to a caloric deficit. Some oats in the morning with breakfast and an apple or other fruit after your workout to keep your blood sugar up is really the only carb intake you need unless you're already an inshape, elite level athlete who needs tons of stored glycogen on a regular basis.
>>
>>8026180

Listen to this guy OP.

Once you lose the amount of fat that you want then you can start bulking to gain muscle if you want.
>>
>>8026180
>Avoid carbs as much as possible

And what do you suggest instead? Fat?
>>
Sortof
If youre a fat begginer, that practically happens yes.
otherwise nah
>>
>>8026260
Yes, healthy fat is the better option. Of course fat is very energy dense, but the fat from foods like almonds, beef, chicken, turkey, avacadoes, etc. are better energy sources than carbs. You shouldn't avoid carbs entirely of course, just structure your carb intake logically around when you are working out to maximize their ability to be used in activity and not in fat storage.

Also, it's worth noting that this is the diet most effective for someone who's overweight and has a lot of fatty tissue already. Carbs spike blood sugar and therefore insulin like no other macronutrient, so they should be limited until you're at a healthy weight. Then a more balanced diet with unrefined grains is the best, lean meats, and lots of fibrous vegetables and fruit -- and to be realistic, once at a healthy weight you can obviously eat "unhealthy" foods in moderation with regular exercise.
>>
>>8026389
I can spot the guy ITT who has never studied biochemistry, or even basic biology. Kek.
>>
>>8025644
This
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.