[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>physics vs. computer '''''''''''''''''science'''''''''''

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: computer '''''science'''''.png (55KB, 1135x291px) Image search: [Google]
computer '''''science'''''.png
55KB, 1135x291px
>physics vs. computer '''''''''''''''''science'''''''''''''''''
>same uni, same year, same problem set #

will you insist on implying cs is worth anything?
>>
I don't know looks like the physicists have it easy. I remember being taught about a basis in high school
>>
Tell me that's not the kind of problem sets you get
7 weeks in the spring semester. It's pitiful.
>>
>>8022810

>the basis of your comparison is literally babby's first linear algebra
>>
>>8022810
Looks like linear algebra II, are you visiting the second semestre op?
>>
>>8022810
> worth is based on how difficult something is
So if I get OP laid will I get a Nobel prize?
>>
>>8022810
We already know that CS is a low tier CS degree made for brainlets.

I like their linear algebra problems though, trivial computations are so comfy. There is something beautiful about simply constructing an augmented matrix and checking that if for any (x,y,z) there exists a linear combination of the set that will reach it. Just like it is beautifully trivial to simply check the if a transformation passes the linearity test.

I wish I could go back to those days... CS people have it so nice because they don't even move beyond there. For them linear algebra will always be comfy.
>>
I don't see the problem here.
>>
At my school the left would be Linear Algebra 3, and the right would be Linear Algebra 2. Linear Algebra 1 is just matrix operations, vector geometry, complex numbers, eivenvalues/vectors and linear transformations.

Maybe my school is just shit.
>>
>>8022845
>matrix operations
>Defining matrix operations before what a basis is
>Defining matrix operations before they even know how to construct a matrix
>Defining matrix operations before they even know how transformations between spaces
>Defining matrix operations before they know what the representation of a vector is
>Defining matrix operations before students know what they mean in a space

Absolutely disgusting. Do us a favor and turn your campus into Virginia Tech for us.
>>
>>8022842
He doesn't know bout machine learning or computer vision
>>
Physics and CS take the same linear algebra where I am, same with math, except that math takes later linear algebra too after they're done abstract algebra. The only special one is engineers who take a proof-free version since they can't into proofs, although there's not that many proofs in the intro one that cs/phys/math take anyway, probably like 20% proofs.
>>
>>8022857
You mean more trivial shit?
>>
File: vs.png (178KB, 1494x512px) Image search: [Google]
vs.png
178KB, 1494x512px
>>
>>8022845
dude, as long as you learn all the concepts, you're fine.

don't be like these cucks on this board that think that unless you learned Markov Chains in middle school, you're dumb. Grasp all the concepts, don't rush and in time you'll be a great professional
>>
File: cry.jpg (16KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
cry.jpg
16KB, 480x480px
>>8023024
>He didn't learn markov chains in nursery

Fucking pleb.
>>
Oh look it's another thread where physics purists gaud their false superiority.
>>
>>8022845
>Linear Algebra 3
Well that's something I never heard of before.
>>
File: 1454974854476.jpg (48KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
1454974854476.jpg
48KB, 620x413px
>>8022810
>mfw they are both babby linear algebra
Not much of a difference. As a math major I can only laugh at the plebians.
>>
>>8022819
I think physics is on the left. The right is the easier cs one.
>>
>>8022829
No, they're both from the first term.

>>8023087
I don't really mean it.

>>8022858
>no proofs in engineering
How horrible. At least their labs are fun; they build bridges and stuff like that.
>>
>>8022810
CS major here

The left one is pretty easy though all the Greek letters make it look more daunting than it really is

But holy shit the right one is a fucking joke. Your physics department is utter shit.
>>
>>8023129
The right looks middle school tier

Anyway CS majors at my uni take the same linear algebra course as math majors
>>
>>8022810
Why are cs majors laughed at for the math they take? It's not like computer programming/science needs a rigorous understanding of mathematics. May as well make fun of English majors for not taking calculus.
>>
>>8023309
>all the Greek letters make it look more daunting than it really is
wew
>>
>>8023309
>getting this mixed up
Physics left, CS right.
>>
>>8023309
>>8023335
>>8023341
be nice to the brainlet cs major now
>>
>>8023341
Okay well my CS linear algebra course I took at the math department looked more like the left so I guessed the right had to be physics
>>
Does it honestly even matter? CS are going to get high paying jobs no matter how hard you bitch about it. Physicists are, yes, going to be better at math.

I'm laying here tired as fuck but for some reason posting on /sci/ and realizing "what's the point?". When I was in high school I believe I heard that less than 1% of the population used calculus on a regular basis, yet SOME people on here are claiming superiority through smooth manifolds, Markov chains, and real analysis like you are retarded if you don't know/understand them.

I'm just so tired. This must be what it feels like to start outgrowing 4chan
>>
>>8023360
Na man. That's what it feels like to be tired.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.