[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the person who invented the wheel the smartest person

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 1451703922232.png (28KB, 186x208px) Image search: [Google]
1451703922232.png
28KB, 186x208px
Is the person who invented the wheel the smartest person in human history?
>>
Yes, yes he is. :-)
>>
Take your pedophile cartoons back to >>>/a/.
>>
No, every rapefugee could've figured that out
In comparison, the humans of our time, even some average dumb guy would be much smarter than a scientist 3000 years ago
>>
>>8020998
But that's not really how it works.
The average person today isn't smarter than Socrates or anything like that.
>>
>>8020988
Yes. If it is invented by a single person
>>
>>8020998
While westerners daydream about terraforming and colonizing Mars, rapefugees have set way more pragmatic objectives for themselves (such as, colonizing and islamizing western countries). Westerners dream of spending billions upon billions of dollars on going to a huge barren and lifeless desert with no remuneration in sight, while rapefugees spend mere thousands of euros to leave a much smaller and less lifeless desert and move to where lucrative remuneration awaits them.
>>
>>8021009
What are you trying to tell us?
>>
>>8021004
You think Socrates knows more about the world than you do ?
>>
>>8021009
You don't even have any statistics or any proof for this racist claim. Go back to /pol/ where you belong.
>>
>>8021004
>>8021041
Socrates is famously attributed to have said "I know I know nothing". Millenia later gentlemen like Heisenberg, Schroedinger, and Goedel seemed to confirmed he wasn't far off even back then.
>>
Before you try to find a maximizer of the `smart` function you should first give a definition.
>>
>>8021047
8/10
>>
>>8021042
>"this racist claim"

Lol. So you unironically assert that primitive individuals arriving in Western countries en masse since a year or so, as well as the long-term effects of this (still ongoing, whether it is to intensify is yet to be seen, but predicted by many) process are all but a paranoid delusion? I thought this was /sci/ where facts matter.
>>
>>8021052
Two points deducted for what?
>>
no it was just a natural advancement that would have been invented eventually

>rolling on logs
>pulley systems
>wheels
>bridges

the man who invented fire though was for sure the smartest
>>
now the wheels are spinning out of control what would they do if we held them still
>>
File: pol free zone.png (312KB, 613x606px) Image search: [Google]
pol free zone.png
312KB, 613x606px
>>8021041
>>8021051
Intelligence or whatever, not simply knowledge, that would be dumb. Who uses smart to define simply knowledge?

Anyway /pol/ go away.
>>
>>8021090
>>8021042
Arguably enough, the first step to doing any kind of /sci/ence ought to be to acknowlege facts and employ logical reasoning, while probably the last thing would be to follow some arbitrary political dogmas and whimsical social fashions, (especially if they both seem to be in glaring denial of facts as well as void of any logic).
>>
File: 1446612427988.jpg (20KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
1446612427988.jpg
20KB, 220x293px
>>8021041
>"Nothing, I know nothing"
>>
>person
Just say "man". We all know it wasn't a woman.
>>
>>8021110
That's a good idea, what if it was a woman?
>>
>>8021110
We also know it was a white man
>>
File: 1457311236487.gif (418KB, 498x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457311236487.gif
418KB, 498x720px
She's probably the most reveted forgotten person in the history of mankind
>>
>>8021275
Revered*
>>
>>8021042
Rapefugees is not a race, Tumblr please leave.
>>
Reminder that Aristotle is likely the most intelligent human being to ever live
>>
Anyone who argues that we're infinitely smarter than people were a hundred or a thousand, or even a few thousand years ago, doesn't understand the history of Chess.

To elaborate, even a moderately good chess player now would likley be able to compete with a chess master from a couple hundred years ago, if not trounce them completely. This isn't the fault of the elder chess master, it's simply because there is a broader basis of knowledge and that more is known about the game. What the chess master might think is a new and inventive strategy would simply be common knowledge for the good player because chess players have painstakingly mapped out different move sets in an attempt to try to get better at the game.

I feel that general human intelligence works the same way. If we were set to compete with our ancestors intellectually, it's likley that we would be considered intellectually superior, however that doesn't make us any smarter than they were. It simply means that we have access to better information that they did, and more of it.

Someone's current elevation on a mountain is not indicative of their ability to climb, as such someone's knowledge basis isn't indicative of their intelligence and cognitive ability. Evolution is slow and selection pressures towards greater intelligence are subtle, we may be marginally more intelligent than they were, but only just.

To be honest, the only real thing that would set us apart in intelligence would be our diet we have access to a more nutrient rich diet, and thus our brains have the potential to be a bit more developed than theirs would have been. You can actually see evidence of this in some places in sub-saharan africa. They often don't get enough iodine in their diets, so that pretty much takes up to 15 points of their IQ before they even get out of the gate.
>>
>>8021275

>She

Nice try I'm not falling for that shit animepdoster
>>
>>8021006
How does it take more than one person to invent a wheel?
Doesn't really seem like a group project.
>>
>>8021732
*Archimedes
Its easy to mix them up
>>
>>8020988
>interrogation marks on their heads
>interrogation marks
>on their heads

That sounds like bruises and shit from when they were interrogated.
>>
It's likely that many people rediscovered it indipendently through thousands of years
>>
Actually, I am the smartest person in human history
>>
>>8021275
Take your pedophile cartoons back to >>>/a/.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.