[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JUST can anyone fucking explain this to me already I JUST dont

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1_2_exponential_function.png (8KB, 366x326px) Image search: [Google]
1_2_exponential_function.png
8KB, 366x326px
JUST can anyone fucking explain this to me already
I JUST dont get it, WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME
i think im braindamaged it JUST doesnt make any sense to me
>>
btw im talking about exponential functions as a whole
>>
>>8020773
what is there to explain

they are functions

they grow fast or slow depending on numbers
>>
>>8020781
desu they all grow pretty fast
>>
File: tpb.jpg (14KB, 228x308px) Image search: [Google]
tpb.jpg
14KB, 228x308px
>>8020781
i know that but i lost all my memories about this school shit, so i tried to ask /sci because this seems like the easiest thing in the world for you neckbeards
>>
>>8020792
Remember that raising a number to a negative power is the same as raising its reciprocal to the same power but negative, so all of those fractional functions can be rewritten as [math]2^{-x}[/math] etc.

So you're plotting the function [math]f(x)[/math] and [math]f(-x)[/math], which means it's going to be mirrored across the y-axis.

Meanwhile, [math](n+1)^x[/math] gets bigger more quickly than [math]n^x[/math] for positive values of [math]x[/math], but also gets smaller more quickly for negative values of [math]x[/math].

That's it.
>>
>>8020789
1^x
>>
>>8020773
What doesn't make sense to you in particular? You do know how exponentiation works, both the intuitive definition, as well as expansion of that onto negative, rational, and irrational exponents?
>>
The exponential function is a good showcase of the flaws of the cartesian coordinate system. The graph of [math]e^x[/math] looks to us like almost all of it is either "almost flat" or "almost vertical", while in fact its slope is changing all the time.

What is misleading to us is that we tend to perceive "slope" as "angle of tangent", and that angle doesn't change linearly as slope does. Instead, it asymptotically approaches [math]\frac{\pi}{2}[/math] as slope approaches [math]\infty[/math]. While we can easily tell slopes such as [math]3[/math], [math]1[/math], and [math]\frac{1}{3}[/math] apart from one another, we cannot tell apart slope [math]50[/math] from slope [math]100000[/math] (or slope [math]\frac{1}{50}[/math] from slope [math]\frac{1}{100000}[/math]) anymore.
>>
>>8020773
a^0 for a=/=0 is 1, what's not to get?
>>
>>8020810
>>8020912
>>8020896
thanks !
>>
>>8020912
It's really hard to help him for as long as he doesn't tell precisely what he is struggling to understand.
>>
>>8020939
it's the only thing that stuck out
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.