[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If two drops of water were shot at eachother with equal force

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: It's just a game right.png (320KB, 508x575px) Image search: [Google]
It's just a game right.png
320KB, 508x575px
If two drops of water were shot at eachother with equal force ina zero gravity environment, would the combined drop stop in place?

pic unrealated.

This is my first time on this board be nice
>>
>>8015229
No they'd go thru each other
>>
>>8015250
That's even cooler
>>
>>8015250
I disagree on this. Wouldn't there be some kind of collision or attempt of forming larger ball of water between the water drops because of Newton's laws?

Remember, every action has a equal and opposite reaction. So wouldn't they have to be some opposion instead of just passing directly through something?
>>
>>8015307
So there could be a large ball of water stopped in the centers and two smaller droplets shooting back out of the sides?
>>
>>8015229
Equal force cancel each other out.
water in space has a tendency to come together and stay together (pretty sure it does)
>>
They would make a splash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zYir9W9WGM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiqrMVyhBkk

Google "droplet collision" for more.
>>
depends on the velocity of the droplets, they'll stop if they're going slow enough
>>
>>8015307
would depend on the force that the water is shot at, but yes I'd agree on this point until it would eventually go through the water as >>8015250 said
>>
>>8015229
there are a lot of different that could happen depending on their masses, velocities and shapes
i'm not implying i could calculate what would happen given the data, only that i'm sure it's a fucking complicated problem with many different outcomes

maybe somebody has some badass fluid dynamics program capable of modeling it under various parameters, i dunno
>>
LOL at the people casually offering solutions to a really difficult problem that depends greatly on parameters

it's like trying to analyze a russian poem when the only language you speak is sign language
your opinions are worse than worthless because somebody might believe you, which would be a detriment to themselves.

>>8015394
doesn't know what forces are

>>8015338
also doesn't know what a force is but also thinks that water exists in liquid form in a vacuum

>>8015351
obviously there are more parameters than just the velocity

>>8015250
is just making shit up

>>8015307
water doesn't "attempt" to do anything
quoting newton's laws isn't going to get you anywhere

>>8015344
only under certain conditions
>>
To be more specific, if the net force on a given water molecule is greater than the surface tension of water, then that molecule will escape the area of collision .

Too high velocity, everything splashes away. A bit lower, some escapes some remains. Just low enough, all of the water stays still in the middle.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.