[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I signed up to be an organ donor today so there can be a small

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Laura Shigihara.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
Laura Shigihara.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
So I signed up to be an organ donor today so there can be a small chance in "death" that I may help someone.

I can't lie I get scared just thinking about what they do to my body immediately after "brain death"

Do you guys think we donors feel pain?

Also why are so few people organ donors?
Is it mostly fear like myself?

I feel my fear and limited earthly pain are far smaller concerns than someone else's life that's why I made this decision.

I really fear that I'm going to feel pain why couldn't they use anesthesia even after brain death?
>>
Why the fuck is death in quotes. no genius, you die, you feel nothing, people just like to preserve their bodies, because some reason when they are dead they still think there is sanctity is preserving their bodies.
>>
and stop being such a pussy, save a life, take some pain if you really think through some spirit "science" that you will feel it
>>
>>8014643

I don't believe in spirits I just know that the body reacts as if it's in pain.

I know the same can be seen in eating dead octopus and froglegs (add salt)

But still the mere possibility is terrifying as they can keep you body alive indefinitely
>>
>>8014672
but you are dead. Learn basic bio, you won't feel shit after you die, I can shock you all day and your mind wouldn't feel shit because you are dead
>>
>>8014603
Don't worry, you won't feel any pain after brain death, as it related to the somatosensory cortex, not will you feel any suffering, as there will be no cognitive functions (your cortex is down). You will cease to be. Additionally, you will not be conscious. Anesthesia just lowers your consciousness/awareness levels, from alert to hypnosis to deep sleep to coma. Death is the deepest anesthesia of them all by definition
>>
Brain death means adios. You won't feel shit.
>>
File: 1391663009699.gif (502KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1391663009699.gif
502KB, 250x188px
>not signing up for cryogenic services like Alcor on the chance that revival is viable in the future
>cucking away your organs to Ahmed and Tyrone

Literally just a life insurance policy.
>>
>>8014700
I don't trust current brain preservation

Worse than dead, they might defrost you in space age microwaves and turns out you had some grey matter not freeze right and now you're alive in 2431 in a medical student lab as a study object because you were lobotomized for 400 years but hundreds of years old contract law said you had to be brought back to life
>>
In my stupid country u are donor, expect if u do hard administrativ work to say no..
And even then, the hospital don t care and cut u in pieces.
>>
>>8014679
>you won't feel shit after you die
how do you know? you die before
>>
Dead people don't feel anything you moron.
>>
>>8016431
have you ask them?
>>
>>8016401
No retard because your brain stops responding to stimuli when you die so you can't even process what anything feels like
>>
My colleague's daughter died of a cranial blood clot last weekend, she was 20 years old. Came home from a night out and took some painkillers for a slight headache. She woke up screaming in pain and died in the back of an ambulance.

The thing is, unbeknownst to anyone, she was an organ donor. Well, now her mother already has to answer all these questions regarding the harvesting of her daughter's organs. It's hard to imagine a worse situation for a single mother and her only child.

My point is, make sure you talk to your family about this decision
>>
>>8014603
It's a Bayesian thing; if they mark themselves as organ donors, they marginally increase the probability that some future will emerge that has a distinct motive to "accidentally" kill you.
>>
>>8014603
>I'm afraid I will feel pain after I die
wat
>>
>>8014603
>organ donor
>organ
That's clearly a piano in your picture you fucking idiot.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.