[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any experts on ADD on /sci/? i am quite desperate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: add.png (22KB, 438x339px) Image search: [Google]
add.png
22KB, 438x339px
Are there any experts on ADD on /sci/?

i am quite desperate for solutions, and the info online is not helping me. i can only find stupid advice.

>inb4 dont eat sugar and gluten
>>
no gmo's
>>
>>8013298
can you be more specific?
i live in europe..
>>
>>8013292
Be born in may, and live in a state which doesn't penalize teachers for shit students, or a state in which teachers aren't allowed to recommend students take drugs.
>>
>>8013304

i live in europe, and i am looking for sulotions.
you seem to have some opinions on the origins of the problem i have.

care to explain?
>>
>>8013307
In the US some states penalize schools and teachers if their students get shit grades, and those states correlate with strangely high ADD/ADHD diagnosis rates. However this isn't the case if the state law doesn't let teachers recommend that the student take meds like ritalin. Also younger children get diagnosed more.
>>
>>8013311

I already use MethilePhenidate HCl 10 milligrams every 4 hours.

it helps me not be a zombie but it still does not solve my issues focusing.

i need something else, or some strategy to go with meds.
>>
>>8013314
If you're looking for something else perhaps try finding a local Buddhist group and ask them for training in meditation?
>>
>>8013317
Do you think that would work?

what does that do for my Dopamine levels?
>>
>>8013320
Well if your problem is focusing it should help, since meditation is basically about practicing focusing.
>>
>>8013328

ill give it a try.
i have tried meditaition myself with a book, but it did nothing for me. ill try doing a course in meditation somewhere.
>>
does anyone have ADD themselves?
maybe some food reccomendations or experiences with different meds?
>>
>>8013336
I've been on Concerta for 10 years now. It definitely helped me concentrate but I wasn't productive until I started keeping a journal of goals that I'd look over daily.
>>
>>8013336
Regular medication everyday. Plenty of sleep. Cardiovascular exercise and meditation everyday. The rest is up to you.
>>
>>8013348

Could you tell me what precise symptoms it helped remove?

and what is the difference between concerta and rytalin?
>>
>>8013353

i walk to school and back 2 hours a day in a quick pace, is that enough excercise?

or should i pick up running?
>>
I have adhd, it's a meme diagnosis. You probably eat too much sugar or aren't interested in what you are doing.

As I said I was diagnosed with it, but my parents also gave me mass amounts of kool-aid and chocolate cake when I was young. I spend my adult years reading books and gardening.

If you can pay attention to something you enjoy or coffee makes you feel more awake, then you don't have it. If you had it, coffee would end up calming you down or make you sleepy.
>>
>>8013314
10 mg is a really low dose that's normally only given to children bellow 10yo

>>8013317
Doesn't work alone

>>8013336
Don't eat anything with vitamin c 1 hours before or after taking the meds, don't drink/eat anything with caffeine, get a list of what you want to do before taking the medicine, work out, try doing new things regularly, don't sleep late, don't fap during the duration of the med, find a creative activity to do. There are shitloads of things you need to do if you actually have add/adhd, taking meds is only part of the solution.

>>8013879
This guy is partially right, stimulants calm down people with add/adhd, easiest test to do to see if you have it is taking ritalin. If you get calmer instead of more agitated it means you have it, it's actually how the thing was discovered in the first place.

However it's possible to pay attention to things you like and still have add/adhd, hyperfocus on stimulant activities IS a common trait of people with add/adhd. The problem is that some times you can't focus even on things you like, think about it like driving a ferrari without a steering wheel.

It's not a "meme diagnosis" only people who have the disorder know how much it fucks up your life on the modern age.
>>
>>8013358

Concerta is an extended release form of methylphenidate. I've had a good experience with it personally.
>>
>>8014044
I'm taking Ritalin LA and while it's helping me a lot I'm kinda afraid of taking something with a longer duration.
>>
>>8013336
Adderall 20mg 3 times a day does the trick for me
>>
I prefer adderall to concerta any day.

I can override concerta. and it's a very mild effect.

adderall is like "no fucker, you will have gratuitous amounts of optimism and energy. you WILL be motivated. You will write this paper RIGHT NOW and then you will clean your room"

concerta is like "yeah, I guess you should write that paper. oh you don't really want to? okay."
>>
File: 1434581752529 (1).png (194KB, 816x395px) Image search: [Google]
1434581752529 (1).png
194KB, 816x395px
>tfw not even 30 mg of adderall works anymore
fuck it man
>>
>>8014394

I prefer amphetamines to methylphenidate but the appetite suppression is way too real. There also is there really anything amphetamine that's the same kind of extended release as Concerta (it uses a physical mechanism to release the meds from the capsule at a steady rate vs Adderall XR or Vyvanse which just dissolve in two stages or take longer to start releasing). If they had OROS amphetamine I'd be all over it but I already don't eat nearly enough so it's the best I can do.
>>
>>8014394
adderall madee me sleepy the first time I had it. Any day after that, it did nothing but make me have a hard time falling asleep

Vyvanse was the same

Ritalin kinda works sometimes. When it works, it's great. I don't have to fight myself to study, (although sometimes I have to fight myself to stop and take a break). When it doesn't I just feel like nauseous and my stomach hurts.

I give up on meds
>>
File: 1460912623119.png (145KB, 350x274px) Image search: [Google]
1460912623119.png
145KB, 350x274px
>tfw failing out of school because can't focus
>>
ADD doesn't exist. its just for people who cant handle themselves properly and
lack discipline; so make shit up to justify their actions
>>
>>8014608
You don't even know man. You don't even know.
>>
>>8014608
classic "I don't have it, so I can't comprehend what it's like, so I think it's made up bullshit"
>>
>>8014633
no.. the doctor said i have it but then realized its complete bullshit when i started to actually focus in school. keep making up excuses for your shitty grades
>>
>>8014641
I don't even have it breh
>>
>>8014641
I'm on adderall and I'm smarter than you, brainlet [boo-reh-een-let]. :^)
>>
I want to pursue mathematics so desperately, but is it even worth it if I can't focus for shit without the aid of medication?
Can any ADD anons tell me if they made it?

Should I just end it now?
>>
I'm not a doctor, but I work to help people with ADHD with non-pharmaceutical methods.

Having ADHD in the modern world is probably going to be a disadvantage in the majority of cases, but try to use it to your best advantage. One of the most financially successful people I know uses their ADHD to work in a lucrative environment that requires them to have a very divided attention. You'll always struggle with the condition, but It can be a blessing or a curse depending on how you use it. Try to work to your strengths, and minimize your weaknesses.

Ritalin/adderall are powerful drugs. They work great but tend to have side effects and 'artificial' 'not the real me' states of being as a downside.

I would advise anybody with ADHD to sleep well, exercise enough, and eat well. This is just a baseline for being healthy, and is particularly important when your biology doesn't work well in your contemporary environment.

Meditation can help you gain mastery over your psychological state to a degree. I recommend it.

Past that, a stack of caffeine and theophylline can actually work wonders. Add b- vitamins too cause they may or may not help but they don't hurt and they're cheap. It's not as strong as the drugs, but it's a heck of a lot better than nothing. Use it daily and the drugs when you need an extra push. And there aren't really any discernible long-term side effects or habituation with this stack.

Bonus: people without ADHD can benefit from this combo as well, whenever they need to focus on something strongly.

This brand is the best I know of. It's expensive, so if you can't afford it just use them as inspiration for how to dose things.

http://www.metagenics.com/mp/products/attencia

Good luck bros.
>>
I am not ADD or ADHD, quite the contrary, always did well in school. But I have bad anhedonia and fatigue and the doctor ended up giving me some methylphenidate to go with my wellbutrin and it's worked out. Just didn't have enough dopamine in my brain soup.
>>
Never went to see a psychiatrist but a couple of teachers back in highschool and in "grandes écoles" preparatory school highly suspected I had it.
For those out there who understand the French CPGE system, the deal for me to get into a "maths spé" class was that I had to see a shrink, but I was too lazy to do so and got kicked out to the University, where I currently manage to keep borderline grades studying at the very last minute.

To this day I keep telling myself on a regular basis that I should get diagnosed, which I feel half of the Internet does as well.
The struggle is genuine though
>>
Is strattera still a thing? That's what I used to take.
>>
>>8013292

The only advice worth anything at all:

GET

FUCKING

MEDICATED
>>
>>8015638
>>8015099
>>8014401
>>8014031

Should i double my dose, and try if that works?
>>
>>8015679
Seems like the quickest way forward. Try it, but I wouldn't neglect the other things even if it works. Best to be minimally dependant on meds.

Don't take other drugs (even shit like cold medicine) for a while after bumping the dose. Last thing you need is some reaction muddying the picture of what does what.
>>
>>8013304
why may?
>>
>>8015960
>why may?

"If your child:
turns five before 1 May they will start school on the first day of term one in that year"
Be born in may -> you're automatically the oldest kid in the class, up to 12 months older than the youngest kids -> most mature & developed attention abilities -> least likely to be diagnosed ADHD
>>
>>8015980
Oh right this is for southern-hemisphere people btw.
>>
>>8015980
>>8015983
>they will start school on the first day of term one in that year
Wtf why not in January ?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.