[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys. Make me a fucking curriculum. By the end of the six years,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Sanic2.png (19KB, 870x870px) Image search: [Google]
Sanic2.png
19KB, 870x870px
Guys. Make me a fucking curriculum.

By the end of the six years, I want to be able to go through this journey with the same knowledge as somebody who has a bachelors in mathematics, chemistry and physics.

If you could recommend some books on philosophy that'd be great too.

I've already done this on my own for two years while doing my chemical engineering degree and I'd say I'm reading master level books at the moment, but I'd like to get a stronger foundation.

Please don't recommend me the /sci/ dictionary since I've already read all of it. Please and thank you.
>>
Discrete Mathematics of Continuous Objects, Eachet & Dai

Formulation of Nonaxiomatic Zermelo–Fraenkel set theory, Yuri Sonofahor

Introduction to Multicellular Coenocytes and Synctia, Gus Zulmaekum-Geyboi

Applications of Gravity without Fields, Bigguy Foryu
>>
>>8011513
wait if you're reading master level books why do you need a curriculum to get the same knowledge as somebody with a bachelors
>>
>>8011610
This, I published 50 papers in advanced memetic genetic mathematics and I have read all of these
>>
for philosophy start with the greeks
for the greeks start with their myths

Mythology by edith hamilton

then the classics The Illiad and The Odyssey

then the works of Plato and Aristotle
>>
>>8011513
First of all, work through books concerning Analysis 1, 2 and 3 as well as well as Linear Algebra 1 and 2. That way you establish a very solid mathematical basis for all three of the fields. Then you have to work through the basic stuff for physics and chem which would be: Experimental and Theoritical Physics 1-4 for physics and Organic chemistry 1 and 2 as well as anorganic and theoretical chemistry. To go further, knowledge in functional analysis would be helpful to extend mathematical background as well as creating accesss to advanced subfields in physics such as quantum mechanics. For additional knowledge take courses in arithmetic/number theory, differential geometry and other electives in physics/chemiszry or electives in mathematics, since even bachelors specify at a certain point.
>>
>>8011662

This was by far the most useful post. Thank you. I'll try to accommodate those extra electives into whatever I was originally planning.
>>
>>8011708
What was it that you were originally planning?
>>
File: dowant.jpg (19KB, 960x698px) Image search: [Google]
dowant.jpg
19KB, 960x698px
>>8011735

I want to overly prepare myself for additional master level textbooks. I'm sure very little of it will be applicable because I'm a chemical engineering freshman however It's a hobby of mine to study things. I'm probably going to get into history and other stuff within a few years. My girlfriend does the same luckily.
>>
>>8011735

Forgot to add. At the moment, I'm not extremely indepth. I've done most of lower division mathematics and I've started real analysis about a month ago. I've tackled some physical chemistry and dynamical systems textbooks but other than that, I'm pretty much a normie.
>>
>>8011638
you dont need the iliad and odyssey desu. hamilton gives a brief overview already on the book and thats all you need to know for the greeks.

after the greeks go with st. augustine, st. anselm, and st. aquinas
>>
>>8011708
He left out all of Abstract Algebra, Discrete Math, and Probability. Discrete Math will teach you logic and graph theory and the theory behind methods of proof. Abstract algebra is group theory, ring and field theory, polynomials, homomorphisms, isomorphisms etc. Finally, Probability is fairly obvious. You just need the basics.
>>
>>8013866
He also left out Complex Analysis. One of my favourite courses. Learn that shit up to infinite products.
>>
>>8013866
>>8013872

These guys are right. I just completely forgot about sochastic as well as numeric. But concerning the group theory and complex analysis stuff, this is to a good portion covered by Analysis 1 to 3 and Linear Algebra 1 and 2, speaking from the view of the German University landscape.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 236x177px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 236x177px
>>8011513
>>
>>8011513
Calculus I - II and III
You're a different person after it
>>
>>8015596
How different we talkin'?
>>
>>8017056
You know basic mathematics
>>
>>8017056

Well things don't seem so different at first. After I'd taken them I'd say I had a substantially enhanced understanding of basic mathematics, and that they are very necessary to go forwards with any kinds of physical science.

But after that things started to get strange. When I'd go to sleep at night sometimes I would think about problems in calculus, which I didn't think was very strange. Some nights I'd dream dream about about Newton and Leibniz came up with Calculus individually, watching them from afar. The problem is that, eventually, they started to notice me watching them. When they started beckoning me to come to come to the other side I was a bit weirded out at first, and was reluctant but after a few months of dreaming I accepted. Seeing your dead grand parents and great great grand parents is cool at first but it gets really weird when they keep calling you "Teddy" and you don't know who that is, and it's really strange when you start seeing them while you're awake, but I think it was all worth it.

Calculus is kind of funny like that.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.