[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've recently woke up from a 10 year coma, and am currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: Feel.jpg (83KB, 573x400px) Image search: [Google]
Feel.jpg
83KB, 573x400px
I've recently woke up from a 10 year coma, and am currently 25 years old, with the knowledge of a 15 year old student.

With utmost respect /sci/, which books would you recommend for me to improve my aptitude in Mathematics and Physics?

I might have slept for the past 10 years, but I refuse to be held back by that. Your assistance is very much appreciated, /sci/.
>>
>>8009720
Fuck.

Just read a complete calculus book that goes from pre-calc to multi variable stuff.
>>
>>8009720
be honest, how much has 4chan changed
>>
>>8009720
I could use a 10 year break right now.
>>
www.khanacademy.org
>>
>>8009734
I'm currently doing the courses there, and have finished all of them with the exception of differentiation/integration and multivariable calculus, which I plan on finishing soon. Thank you for the suggestion.

>>8009729
>be honest, how much has 4chan changed

A lot, much more than I'd imagine. Apparently, Christopher Poole isn't the owner anymore, to name a few.

>>8009733
A ten year break would be nice, but I can't recall anything from my comatose state.
Now, I'm stuck as a 15 year old student in a 25 year old body. I guess I have a lot of catching up to do if I want to pursue my studies as a Biomedical Engineer..
>>
>>8009726
Could you point me towards some of those books?

Would something such as http://www.amazon.com/Calculus-Ron-Larson/dp/1285057090 suffice?
>>
>>8009742
So did the time passage seem instant? 15 one day, 25 when you woke up?
>>
>>8009772
Yes, which is strange, to be frank.
All of those people from 10 years ago now seem unrecognizable to me.

It's somewhat disturbing, to say the least.
>>
>>8009774
Don't lie to me nigga. I know you are the protagonist of Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi.

Your anime fucking sucks, 0/10.
>>
This all sounds like a specifically recently aired anime.
>>
>>8009780
>>8009781

I just don't know anymore.
Also, I've never watched Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi, I've just woke up a few minutes ago.

>tfw the first thing you do is ask /sci/ and 4chan for advice
>>
>>8009791
>I've just woke up a few minutes ago.

Bullshit. If you had been in a 10 year comma then your muscles would be fucking rekked. You wouldn't even be able to type because your body would be complete shit. You'd need at least a week of physical therapy to get enough coordination to get a keyboard and type this shit.

Unless a nurse is browsing for you then you are a faggot.
>>
>>8009742
you don't type like a 15 year old
how autistic are you?
>>
Dude, have you seen smartphones yet? They're like computers that fit in your pocket, shit's wild.
>>
File: 1459400956222.png (4KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1459400956222.png
4KB, 500x500px
>>8009793
>be a nurse
>have to look over a patient for 10 years
>one day I go in his room for his daily ass rubbing
>he's awake
>gaspingcat.jpg
>ask him how he's feeling
>he says he's confused and needs me to do something for him
>"You want me to call your parents, I suppose ?"
>"N... no... shitpost on /sci/"
>>
>>8009791
/sci/ didn't exist 10 years ago, so there's no reason you went straight to this board
>>
>>8009791
I knew OP was lying. Either lying or speaking metaphorically. Seems the former.
>>
>>8009798
A high-functioning autist, to be exact.

>>8009793
My muscles are indeed rekt, but someone is typing for me.

>>8009805
The nurse showed me that /sci/ apparently exists now, so I asked her to post my words for me there.
>>
>>8009808
>My muscles are indeed rekt, but someone is typing for me.

>I'm currently doing the courses there, and have finished all of them with the exception of differentiation/integration and multivariable calculus, which I plan on finishing soon. Thank you for the suggestion.

If you just woke up a few minutes ago, and are rekked, then how the fuck did you finish khan academy stuff?

Stop lying, say it like it is. You are a piece of shit 25 year old drop out that did drugs and shit.

We hate you either way nigga, don't have to sugar coat it.

>>8009803
The way shit has been going nowadays I think that a lot of people have been writing

>>"N... no... shitpost on /sci/"

As their dying wish.
>>
File: Birds.png (2MB, 1226x894px) Image search: [Google]
Birds.png
2MB, 1226x894px
>>8009808

Your nurse goes on 4chan? And this somehow came up in conversation like within the day you woke up from a 10 year coma?

I love your thread idea OP but you need to work on it. Try back in a week maybe.
>>
>>8009808
Maximum bait
>>
>>8009742

p.s. moot's identity wasn't publicly known in 2006.
>>
>>8009816
I was going to make a ifyouknowwhatimean joke for this picture but then I remembered OP was technically underage.
>>
Alright gents, you've seen through my ruse.

It appears I have much to learn regarding social and conversational topics.

I'm a 15 year old (inb4 banned) autist that would like to pursue the more advanced mathematics and sciences, so I tried to hide under a guise of a 25 year old. Bravo.

>>8009819
I stand corrected.

>>8009816
Yep, totally subjugated there.

>>8009813
Indeed correct.

Now that my guise has been shattered, would all of you gentlemen care to advise me on what books I should get?

I apologize for wasting your time, nevertheless.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>>
>>8009720

>knowing memes and 4chan after a 10 year coma

Fuck your thread
>>
>>8009829
OP here, apologies.
It appears my bait is flawed.

Now, could you recommend me a good textbook to pursue my studies?

Rudin's Introduction to Mathematical Analysis I found a bit dry, so I'm looking for another book to complement it.
>>
>>8009828
>so I tried to hide under a guise of a 25 year old
You do realise that nobody cares about your age right? You teenagers are as annoying as ""girls"" on here.
>HURR LOOK AT ME! IM GRILL XD!! TOTALLY NOT A TRAP XDDD!!!!

If you're 15 years old and want to expand your knowledge on math and physics. You could've easily written this:
"What progression in math would you recommend after taking precalc? What are the prerequisites for [X field of physics you're interested in]."

Even then, this should've been posted on /adv/, can't believe you and 80% of other shitposters here so blatantly ignore. I simply refuse to believe that you're not baiting.
>>
>>8009861
Apologies, I assumed that /sci/ hates underage users as the majority of threads I've been in seem to have a propensity towards so-called HS math.

On your terms, I would rephrase my answer as follows.

What progression in mathematics would you recommend after taking precalculus? What are the prerequisites for thermodynamics and newtonian fluid mechanics?

I've asked on /adv/ before, and they referred me to /sci/.

Apologies if I have offended you, anon.
>>
>>8009861
Caring this much
>>
Would it be more useful for me, who intends on taking BME, to directly take BME as my major, or major in something else, such as EE and then transistion to BME?

Which one, in your opinion, is the better suggestion?
>>
>>8009879
What the fuck? I reported you? WHERE ARE THE FUCKING MODS.

Anyways, study what you like. If you want to BME then go for it, you should only do something more general if you aren't sure that you want to do specifically that. But if you are sure then why waste your own time.
>>
>>8009896
Thank you for your suggestion, anon.
>>
>>8009869
>What progression in mathematics would you recommend after taking precalculus? What are the prerequisites for thermodynamics and newtonian fluid mechanics?
Basic calculus, linear alebra, differential equations and numerical analysis.

>>8009879
Just pick EE and stick with it.

>>8009861
>Even then, this should've been posted on /adv/, can't believe you and 80% of other shitposters here so blatantly ignore.
In OP's defense, /sci/ is a way better place to get STEM related advice. C'mon, most of the STEM people on 4chan is here, and be honest, how many of you guys actually browse /adv/?
>>
>>8009908
Alright, thanks for your suggestions /sci/anon.
Any good textbooks to recommend?
>>
>>8009720
www.khanacademy.com

It's all you need. Also, don't get discouraged OP. I never passed freshman year in high school and i'm 25 now also. I just got 2020 on my SATs (with seriously minimal studying) and I start CC this summer.
>>
>>8009828
MODS ARE GODS
>>
go to school
learn things

all undergrads in university have the same knowledge as a 15 year old student. it isnt until you have to work on a thesis that you actually learn anything valuable.
>>
>>8009720
>I might have slept for the past 10 years
Either you did or you didn't, which is it?
>>
>>8009828
>(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
mods=gods
>>
File: Colin Adams.jpg (31KB, 260x330px) Image search: [Google]
Colin Adams.jpg
31KB, 260x330px
http://www.amazon.com/How-Ace-Calculus-Streetwise-Guide/dp/0716731606

Awesome book. It teaches you how to treat math professors, what are good questions, how to overcome exam anxiety, the necessary and related concepts from previous courses and then becomes an all around engaging textbook.

8/10, worth ten times the cost Amazon charges for anyone unsure about calculus and beyond (differential equations, etc).
>>
File: incredible.jpg (38KB, 565x600px) Image search: [Google]
incredible.jpg
38KB, 565x600px
>>8009828
>inb4 banned
>>
>>8009720
http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Math_Textbook_Recommendations#Grade_School
http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Mathematics
http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Physics_Textbook_Recommendations
>>
>>8010307
>tfw
>>
File: pokemongun.jpg (10KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
pokemongun.jpg
10KB, 300x224px
>>8009828
Get the fuck out faggot and go back to plebitt.
>>
>>8010341
come on dude, he's been banned. Can he really read your shitpost?
>>
>>8010353
You can browse while banned you know
>>
>>8010356
Does that work if your post has gotten the "(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)" treatment?
>>
>>8009828
>(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>>
>>8009720

Gay marriage is legal now
>>
>>8009734
Always uses simple examples on any subject and hence i found it to be completely useless as a study aid as my questions were always alot harder to answer.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.