[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, I'm a mexican Mechatronics engineer, who always wan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: descarga.jpg (167KB, 1192x1017px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
167KB, 1192x1017px
Hi, I'm a mexican Mechatronics engineer, who always wanted to study something aerospace related. Due to family problems, I couldn't.
Now, I'm looking for a Ms.C. which can give the skills, to join this wonderful indsutry.

My most inmediate goal is to join a proper Masters program for this purpose, that's why I come today to you, /sci/chos to give me a proper guidance or recommendation.
Previosuly I asked about the topic, saying it pigeonholed me chossing this.

My main questions are:
>What to expect from the working enviorment?
>What to expect from the academic enviroment?
>Which one are you currently into?
>Which one do you think it's better?
>What is your day to day routine/ Is your lifestyle determined by aero and how?
>How much are your earnings?
>Where did you graduate from? Was it good?
>Considering my academic BCKGRND, which topics sould I reinforce/study more?

Lastly, the CONACYT is the funding authority in my country, and has already made certain alliances with the following universities?

http://www.conacyt.gob.mx/images/Becas/Listado_de_Convenios_de_Colaboracion.pdf

Which one and which programme do you recommend for my purpose? (considering my background)
(also consider what would be the nicest city to live in "lifestyle/expenses/food/g̶i̶r̶l̶s̶")

I would gladly thank your replies. Have a good day.
>>
>>8006556
Bro, I'm a Mech E. from Mexico and I'm wondering the exact same thing.

Last year there was a program by CONACYT to do you masters in the UK (on something related to astronautical/aerospace engineering), I'd recommend searching for something similar.
>>
File: descarga (1).jpg (20KB, 520x320px) Image search: [Google]
descarga (1).jpg
20KB, 520x320px
Narrowing the list, I highlight the actual univiersities who offer an MsC Aero program, supported by CONACYT

UK:

>Cranfield
>Bristol
>Sheffield
>Manchester
>Southhampton
>Leeds

USA
>Purdue
>USC (Viterbi)

Japan
>University of Tokyo

Spain
>Polythenic University of Catalunya (UPC)

>Mexico
>UNAQ (querétaro) (It's new, and not yet with CONACYT recognition) >>8006833

ALso, here in mexico I find the following masters (which I think could be related to the industry, but not sure)
>Structural Engineering
>Building Materials
>materials Chemistry
>Mechanical Engineering with Spec. in Materials
>>
Fucking mexicans

Just kidding, im mexican too. Currently craving some corn truffles
>>
>>8006556
entner to the CONALEP
>>
>>8006556

>I'm a mexican [...] engineer

you'll be fixing cars in America or maybe working at a car assembly plant

you're a beaner and mexico isn't known for it's engineering accomplishments (most of which are imported from the US)

my suggestion: get a job at ferromex
>>
>>8007133
I wouldn't recommend UNAQ, their program seems a bit weak. (btw, I'm from Queretaro).
>>8007142
>4/10, got me to reply.
>>
>>8007133

don't bother with the US as colleges have nonwhite quotas and you will lose them to American born mexicans
>>
>>8007249
Grad school selection doesn't have quotas but there is some push for diversity in the sense that when two students seem identical the other factors start coming into play including political and racial/gender diversity issues. Some chick who was researching the subject wrote a book on it. The only thing that really raised eyebrows was that it was fairly common for students who came from religious schools to not only be passed over but often also be ridiculed as well.

That said, in general international students only factor into the "international student" quota, not any imaginary "nonwhite" quota. The real problem with being an international student in the US is that international tuition costs are insane and the scholarship and research grant situation is more complicated. There are also US immigration quotas to keep in mind only so many permits/visas are granted per year.
>>
File: pag-10.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
pag-10.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>>8007221
>mexico isn't known for it's engineering accomplishments
>Pic related

Look, I recognize that Mexico imports a lot of its tech, but that doesn't mean we cannot stand out.

I would like this thread to go peacefully, and If you have suggestions, please feel free to share. Thanks.
>>
>>8007305
Thanks for your input, I was considering US, cause I already took the iBT, with 92/120 (27/25/19/21)

Would you recommend the IELTS, for a British approach?
>>
>>8007221
/pol/ is that way, faggot.
>>
>>8007229
Well, they are about to start a parallel program, with CONACYT recognition in mind, and an instance in West Virginia University. It's in their homepage. What can you tell me in general, if possible about the school?
>>
>>8007317
Just took the IELTS myself, not that big of a challenge desu. At least your writing seems pretty damn decent.
>>
>>8007311

that telescope was designed and built by Bechtel, a company headquarted in San Francisco. Your recent attempt at high speed rail also totally failed because the contractor stole all the money

My suggestion is serious: get a railroad related engineering job. Since your railroads are all US owned, they'll remain in good repair as long as NAFTA exists. Same if you work in a car factory, or if you cross the border to work in a car/truck garage. Everything else is either pointless (since mexico is obviously never not going to import US firms for large projects) or a major gamble (local provinces are shamelessly corrupt and will just steal infrastructure money).

look, your country is a shithole and there's millions of your kin in the US that you have to compete against. I don't mean that as an insult, but it means that if you want a future in engineering you don't have many options unless you want to move out of the americas
>>
>>8007348
>look, your country is a shithole and there's millions of your kin in the US that you have to compete against. I don't mean that as an insult, but it means that if you want a future in engineering you don't have many options unless you want to move out of the americas
I'm not that guy but international students aren't affected by the number of american citizens of the same ethnicity there are.

With regards to the rest, there is a lot of totally insane corruption in Mexico. Depending on what you want to do then it isn't a bad idea to consider looking to other countries.
>>
>>8007364

>I'm not that guy but international students aren't affected by the number of american citizens of the same ethnicity there are.

They are, unless you want to pay international student fees. If OP were to try to claim US citizenship or residency his US tuition would be significantly lower than the international rate. Which means OP would have to travel farther for a better deal.

>Depending on what you want to do then it isn't a bad idea to consider looking to other countries.

I agree, but I want to make sure OP knows that if he wants to remain in mexico or the US he'll have to seriously readjust his expectations.
>>
>>8007343
Thanks a lot for your compliment, it costed my and my parents time, effort and money. Actually, I feel I dishonored them with the speaking section of the TOEFL; as, since I recently learned B2 level German, everytime I was trying to formulate a sentence german words kicked in. Also the Test-taking center was in another city.

>Wake up at 3 AM
>Small breakfast at 4
>Showered, ready to leave for the bus station at 5
>Bus departure at 5
>Bus arrival at 8
>Be on center at 8:30
>Test start at 10:00
I wanted to eat something again, but with the nervousness and my untrustworthy stomach, I preferred not to.
>Test ends at 2:00 PM
>Eating at 3

>>8007348
Well, I'm single and no strings attached, I recently learned german and willing to learn french, as I explained to the /sci/lad above. So I have the willpower to move anywhere.

Also, yeah, I recon:
>My country is not an Engineers paradise, at least in what I strive for
>The telescope was a binational effort. (US/MEX)

The railroad industry looks nice, I remember having a book about trains. I daydreamed tracing new rails in my head, across the country side. The thing is I would like to join the workforce bettter prepared, with a MsC.
>>
>>8007377
Yes, indeed; as he >>8007348 remarks, staying here is to be an hero
>>
>>8007377
>If OP were to try to claim US citizenship or residency

You are a fucking idiot. You can't just "claim US citizenship or residency".

Just to get permanent residency status in the US is a very difficult task especially for someone who is just entering the country. Literally the only way to get permanent residency "quickly" is by marrying an American, though you have to have all sorts of corroborating evidence to show that the marriage was in good faith and more importantly you have to find an American girl who wants to marry you. There is also a refugee process but there is a high level of scrutiny towards refugee applicants from Mexico because of a high number of frivolous applications.

The most typical scenarios for OP to get citizenship would be either
1) OP applies to university as an international student with a study permit (all the while asserting in all their applications that they do not plan to immigrate to the US). Then after graduating OP finds a job in his field that is able to hire an immigrant (said employer has to apply for permission and such permission is only granted if the employer can prove that they've been trying to hire an American citizen into the position but haven't been able to get anyone) and uses said contract to get a work permit for skilled work. Then several years down the road OP finally becomes eligible for permanent residency. After having residency for four years OP is able to apply for citizenship (citizenship is a cakewalk compared to permanent residency).
2) Do their masters in Mexico or wherever and then afterwards apply for a skilled work position in the US fulfilling all of the same requirements as (1).
With US unemployment the way it is right now neither of those look like a sound plan.

The only possible way OP would get permanent residency BEFORE applying to university would be if they've got some American lined up willing to marry them.
>>
>>8007409
>That's it,time for an OKCUPID account, kek

No, but seriosly, this thread is derailing, input to the original topic please.

Everything points out; that I'll be narrowing my options to UK...
>>
>>8006556
>>8006833

Hi you seem to be lost

This website is for whites who live in first world countries only

Please go elsewhere
>>
File: 1419352368847.jpg (32KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
1419352368847.jpg
32KB, 250x272px
>>8006556
>Hi, I'm a mexican
>>
>>8007520
>>8007541
wow America is racist as fuck. Guy just wants to come to your country to do some honest work.
>>
>>8007547
>honest work

yes he can be a gardner or a toilet cleaner or he can work at a fine food establishment like alberto's
many opportunities!
>>
>>8007520
>>8007541

Woah, edgy.
>>
>>8007549
Many such cases!
>>
>>8007549
You're a fucking faggot.
>>
>>8007305
Non-whites & jews find it much easier to get in than whites
>>
>>8007547
>>8007549
what the fuck?? I thought this board was SFW! Damn, I'm using the university WIFI right now.
>>
>>8007549
Are you a biologist?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.