[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>worried about the overpopulation crisis and man's damage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (264KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
264KB, 1000x1000px
>worried about the overpopulation crisis and man's damage to the environment
>pump more money into cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer's, obesity and mental health research to save precious lives

Why are scientists such hypocrites?
>>
because people working for a better society get cancer, alzheimers and mental health issues as well
>>
>>8004794
But what about the overpopulation crisis and man's damage to the environment?
>>
>>8004791
I don't give a shit about your infantile "ethics". I just wanna get rich.
>>
>>8004814
This man speaks the truth. That's exactly what everyone thinks.
>>
>>8004800
>overpopulation
this is a meme, even with the wildly inefficient usage of water and food resources we currently have we produce enough to feed 1.4x the world population.

>environmental damage
the only damage we need to care about is long term damage that will affect people. some fucked up rivers killing a rare fish matters very little. large scale climate shifts, ocean acidification, etc. do matter and they need to be addressed quickly.

long run off planet colonies are probably the answer (ideally O'Neil Types, but since people are idiots probably the moon and mars); governments and rich crazies are pumping money into the baby steps of these advances.
>>
>>8004800
>overpopulation crisis
Poor countries with high death rates have bigger natural growth.
>man's damage to the environment
Plan smarter, use nuclear and renewable sources as backup, remove fossil fuels.
>>
FUCK YOU FOR NOT BELEVING IN CLIMATE CHANGE YOU DUMB BITCH
>>
>>8004791
Because the solution to overpopulation is not letting people die. The solution is slight population control that simply limits how many people can live.

I have said it before, nothing crazy. Just tax people on how many babies they have. Then drop all monetary aid given to poor people with children and then make abortions affordable and really easy to get. Just have an abortion clinic next to every Mc Donald's and that will do.

>inb4 this is biased to the benefit of rich people

Well, live with it. The reality is that your poor children are going to end up being jaded emo faggots who are more like to commit crimes than a rich kid.

Get babies you can afford to get.
>>
>>8004890
>tax people for having babies

No.
First world countries aren't overpopulated, Just the third world shit holes.
Stop the foreign aid and charity and the problem fixes itself
>>
>>8004919
but those countries are only suffering because of the legacy of colonialism!
>>
>>8004877
More accurately, you don't need to believe in facts, pretty much because they are really actual facts.
>>
>>8005897
Wrong, those poor countries have always been starving. It was Europe which first stopped starving due to technology, and some more countries later. Africa is still starving.
>>
>>8005897
Africans literally have no excuse for their incompetence they should be swimming in money based on how much raw material is in each of their countries not they starve to death because the civilian population is often too dumb to work high paying jobs.
>>
>>8004919
>Stop the foreign aid and charity and the problem fixes itself
>implying western hegemony increases birth rates

Actually, you want to go the opposite route.
I everybody lived like modern Americans, white Euro's, and Japanese we'd have negative world population growth, and half of /sci would be freaked out about declining populations leading to the extinction of the human race.
>>
>>8004919
Rich countries overconsume, which is a bigger strain on the world than overpopulation.
China wasn't a problem before it got rich.
>>
There is no overpopulation. There is only over use of resources The current population could fit into an absurdly small area and live as normally any "dense" city. It could also stop using the massive assload of resources it wastes right now.

But, people are assholes and selfish. So, they spread out and use up everything they touch.

The only bad thing good health care is doing is allowing stupid people and genetically inferior people to breed.
>>
They want the people alive today to be healthy, and they don't want as many people to worry about in the future.

The only place this is hypocritical is in the minds of dull, misanthropic teenagers.
>>
>>8004791

Because all that research translates into profit

The pharmaceutical companies can't prosper in a society full of healthy people
>>
>>8004791
>>pump more money into cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer's, obesity and mental health research to save precious lives
The same genetic tech that can save lives can also be used for genetic warfare agents to perform edgelord grade genocides on people we do not like or whose land we would like to take over.

>Why are scientists such hypocrites?
We are not. We just cannot be picky about where the funding comes from.
>>
>>8006790
Fucking A post.

ALL people of the world, squeezed together, could fit on Manhattan.

And it really saddens me that we are wasting funds on rehabilitation of mentally retarded people, while not helping normal/smart kids to develop. My mom used to work in a school for 'special' children, and goddamnt, stories I heard...
>>
>>8004791
Overpopulation isn't going to be a problem in Western society where those illnesses are being treated.
>>8006777
While true that population growth would be slowed, if every person worldwide consumed resources like a Westerner does (especially Americans), the world wouldn't be able to handle it. Unless those other countries only achieved that lifestyle parity after substantial population reductions or incredible achievements in generating energy.
>>
>>8007132
>And it really saddens me that we are wasting funds on rehabilitation of mentally retarded people, while not helping normal/smart kids to develop.

a society is judged by how it treats the ones lowest on the ladder.
>>
>>8007132
>And it really saddens me that we are wasting funds on rehabilitation of mentally retarded people, while not helping normal/smart kids to develop.
We spend plenty of money "helping normal/smart kids to develop."
Maybe not as much per-capita, but the overall majority of tax money spent on education goes to smart & normal kids.
>>
>>8006761
>southern/eastern mediterranean countries were starving before there is muh tecnology

shot yourself with your tecnological firearms sempai
>>
>>8006849
this
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.